Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

Something that has both slightly annoyed and fascinated me about this project is the great degree of mystery that seems to surround it. Renders change, construction halts & delays, design changes, floorplan changes, their website disappears for months, height increases, lack of information from the developer etc. yet Casa pushes forward across the street right on track and remarkably close to the renderings with essentially no changes.
It seems a very strange contrast for a developer building two projects in tandem 100 feet apart from each other. One building seems troubled, yet the other seems to have been built with fine precision.

It looks better than the model, as the model suggested green glass. I'm still convinced that BSN won't look too bad once completed.

There's just something so suburban about it for me. (In the same way that Malibu feels suburban.)

Maybe if it were dark green glass all the way across rather than the smallish windows within the green cladding. I definitely prefer the east side of the model rather than the real thing.

DSCN4566.jpg

smDSCN1839.jpg
smDSCN4565.jpg

I'm sorry but I tend to disagree with the majority and side with Casaguy on this one ... yes I understand UT hates precast buildings ... but the precast tower shown in the scaled model surely looks better to me than the combination of black (?) and beige spandrel panels with smallish windows being installed, which feels kind of tacky right now ...

what's with the small narrow windows anyways ?? Cresford certainly could have installed much more substantial (wider) windows even with the new floorplans ... windows shown on the scaled model would have been perfectly do-able

I think the other thing we're forgetting in this debate is that we're basically arguing over the color of shit. This is what happens when faux touches are applied to a building which doesn't need them. I actually like the shape of BSN and thought/think it could have been a nice tower had they completely changed the skin. Also, Solaris, with regards to the window size, having a larger percentage of the skin devoted to fenestration would have driven up costs - this is Cresford we're talking about here, not Jonas Salk.

There are indeed horizontal materials that are above/below the windows on the tower portion that match the beige precast below. From what I can tell, it's not precast, but an assembly of square materials of the same colour.

There are indeed horizontal materials that are above/below the windows on the tower portion that match the beige precast below. From what I can tell, it's not precast, but an assembly of square materials of the same colour.

I gather that to be beige coloured spandrel panels ~

I gather that to be beige coloured spandrel panels ~

Now I feel like a d*ck, I didn't notice the shot above. I made the observation when I walked by yesterday. Anyway, the beige material being used is considerably more harmonious from the street.

May 12th Update

From Bloor & Balmuto Streets

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I managed to almost capture the unusual sparkly precast today that I mentioned a few pages back. Be sure to fully enlarge these to observe the effect. It truly has to be seen in person to be believed.

drum, you are on fire tonight! Great shots!!!! and thx to dt_toronto_geek, khristopher, and everyone else who has posted pics today.....we are lucky to have so many great photographers here......:)

I managed to almost capture the unusual sparkly precast today that I mentioned a few pages back. Be sure to fully enlarge these to observe the effect. It truly has to be seen in person to be believed.

yup I see that 'sparkle' ... neat !! that certainly makes BSN's precast more interesting :D

(but I still think BSN is ugly with the new spandrels)

yup I see that 'sparkle' ... neat !! that certainly makes BSN's precast more interesting :D

(but I still think BSN is ugly with the new spandrels)

I don't mind the spandrels, but we'll see when it's all done. What I really don't like are the square, horizontal pre-cast replacements on the tower portion below the windows.

Re: the sparkly pre-cast, if your ever by on a sunny day you can really get the full effect which I was unable to accurately capture with my camera. It's pretty unusual!

Back