Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

Ick! Imagine 15 more floors on that thing.
The worst part is the way it meets the ground though, townhomes and driveways--just terrible.

Ed--the rendering looks like there is brick on the first 4 floors only, with precast above that.

^ good catch; looks to me only the first 4 as well.

15 more floors of this, seriously... Slabtastic!

The drain slab was poured on Wednesday and I see the crane is going up today, so it's finally happening at BSN.

^ I live not TOO TOO far from Windermere by the Lake and I head to the waterfront by bike every once in a while. This development is offensive and the way it meets the street just TERRIBLE; what a mindless hodgepodge!

As for this rendering, it looks very cras, doesn't it?

Actually, I think the WBTL tower is quite nice and was definitely a pleasant surprise...the townhomes at the base, however, are absolutely ridiculous.

I hope the new design review panel puts an end to garbage like that.

^ yes, the townhomes are what is offensive; but, this is why the whole concept doesn't work. The tower can't be separated from the base. It is a project gone monstorously wrong.

The tower can be separated from the base by 1) your hand covering the offending bits, and 2) distance. I can see the tower on the horizon from where I live (its top is nicely lit at night) but I cannot see the base. 'Tis a simple mercy.

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress June 7, 2007

Lots of activity here finally. I'd be curious to hear from anyone who bought at BSN as to their experience with the long wait.

1BSNjun07.jpg

2BSNjun07.jpg

3BSNjun07.jpg

4BSNjun07.jpg

5BSNjun07.jpg

6BSNjun07.jpg

7BSNjun07.jpg

8BSNjun07.jpg

9BSNjun07.jpg

Photos by Sir Novelty Fashion

Taken from his original thread to be found here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=5935

Over to Bloor Street Neighborhood on Charles East. Big giant hole!

Very large hole.

Hole. Taken from a friend's fire escape, which will soon be thoroughly loomed over.

When I turned around, there was a cat.

Across the road sits the pointy office tower that's set to be replaced. A pity.

Thanks for the cat pic... I truly howled with laughter... really.

I must think that the owners of CASA suites on the east side must be pretty pissed off about the new 33 storey tower going up in place of the diamondy (is that a word?) building.

I'll post my monthly photo updates of CASA and BSN soon...

BSN Progress July 21, 2007

Looks like they're about to start covering the lowest parking level... looks like P4...

DSCN0321.jpg

DSCN0317.jpg

DSCN0315.jpg

The southernmost portion... up against Charles Street...

DSCN0319.jpg

What do they do with all the gravel?

DSCN0318.jpg

The western wall...

DSCN0316.jpg

The northeast corner...

DSCN0303.jpg

Looking down from the neighbouring parking garage...

DSCN0302.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0300.jpg

Back