Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

From Interchange42 May 2007:
"If we had been more disciplined during the olden days (buildup this means you - you were always starting new threads - there was a search function, you know!) we would have more of a history now. (Not that I'm blaming our now Pre-Historical period on buildup entirely, and thank goodness the thread cap in now removed.)"

A belated apology, I stumbled on this. Sadly I think I may have bumped many of UrbanShocker's threads. I will carry this burden with me.

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress Jan 19, 2008

DSCN1844.jpg

DSCN1867.jpg

DSCN1858.jpg

DSCN1863.jpg

For interest's sake, this western portion will be home to the 2nd floor of amenities...

BSNamen2.jpg

DSCN1864.jpg

From what I can tell it looks like the pool will be underneath this second level on the north west corner. The below picture is from a few months ago...

DSCN1414.jpg

BSNamen1.jpg

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress Jan 28, 2008

Strangely, someone from inside the construction site was yelling, "No pictures! No pictures!"

Yeah sure, buddy.

DSCN1883.jpg
DSCN1891.jpg

DSCN1890.jpg

DSCN1906.jpg

DSCN1909.jpg

DSCN1910.jpg
DSCN1912.jpg

DSCN1911.jpg

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress Feb 21, 2008

Up to the 3rd floor now for the most part...

DSCN2182.jpg

Above and below: Charles Street frontage

DSCN2186.jpg

DSCN2183.jpg

^The archway leading from Charles St. to Hayden St.

DSCN2190.jpg

^ The "backside" view from Hayden St.

DSCN2170.jpg

^Looking down on the "backside"

DSCN2171.jpg

DSCN2172.jpg

DSCN2174.jpg

I see (last photo): four mediocre too short to care buildings that shall be redeveloped one day; and three potential Victorian fire hazards. Boxed in shall be the future owners of the concrete jungle known as the (We wish we were on)Bloor St Neighbourhood.

I see (first photo): a big scary dump truck that reminds me why as a child I loved Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go. Thank you Mom for reading that story over and over! (A 5th birthday present for this December 15th birthday boy btw!)

Yes Richard Scarry, I owe it to you for my love of all things construction related; hence my UT/SSC/SSP addiction!

Fantastic photo updates Casaguy! This one is really motoring along since it got up past ground level.

p.s. - your last post is titled March 21 update - can you see into the future?

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress Mar 12, 2008

After this fourth above-ground level is complete, the first setback should begin...

DSCN2296.jpg

I was reading this thread and thought of something .....there is someone out there I've thought of from time to time and I am thinking about them again now, lol, and they don't even know I exist. I remember many years ago, when the BSN was some other condo project with an Italian name I think, and I was looking to buy a place and went to look at the model suite. I was very impressed with the finishes especially the bathroom. I spoke to the sales agent and he told me that a purchaser was also so impressed that they bought a unit and paid for upgrades to make their unit look just like the model. I remember thinking what a lucky guy that purchaser is as I could never have afforded to do the same at that time. I eventually found something else, waited two years for it to be built and lived their for over four years. At the end of my first year at the new place, I bought a loft conversion. Waited 3 years for it to be done and it has now been a year since I sold my "old" place and I've been in the new place for 6 months. I remember often thinking of the poor purchaser who never got that beautiful condo and now this clunker of a project is 3-4 stories above ground....geez, it's amazing to think how lifetimes go by before this thing gets off the ground!

Back