Toronto Bloor & Dufferin | 122.35m | 37s | Hazelview | Turner Fleischer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dufferin south and north of Eglinton are generally two different types of urban fabric, bounded by the relative history and time frame of its development.

For south of Eg, the individual and fragmented ownership of property due to the housing built form makes it more difficult. Apart from the Duff/Bloor & Galleria redevelopments, there might be better immediate chances for some of the former industrial properties first. As seen with the Carnaby and Streetcar Dev's other condos along Gladstone which has changed that area drastically. The large warehouse north of Queen on the west side of Duff, just past the Jog had a proposal several years ago. Although that has now faded. Likewise, I've also heard a vague rumour for redevelopment on the NE corner of Duff/Dupont.

North of Eg, the properties are larger on average to work with. With more suburban retail plazas and auto dealerships. Those Lanterra condos at Lawrence have made quite an impact already. Pretty sure a different developer also has another significant multi-tower proposal in the pipeline near Lawrence. Along with the Bean and Yorkdale condos. Those examples will gradually continue to expand especially with the Eglinton crosstown in the near future.

Last edited:
I hope my neighbourhood of Corso (Dufferin & St Clair W) changes soon. So much sites that could be great along Dufferin there.

I hope my neighbourhood of Corso (Dufferin & St Clair W) changes soon. So much sites that could be great along Dufferin there.

Which sites are you thinking about along Dufferin? For me, the Green P parking lot on the west side, just north of St. Clair would be a pretty prime candidate.

That site for sure but assembly in all four directions at Dufferin and St Clair seem quite good for redevelopment.

Dufferin south of St Clair has some mixed use slum buildings that could easily be redeveloped IMO.

Are you referring specifically to the Dufferin-St. Clair Community Clinic that offers services to methodone users? There's a variety of mixed use buildings along there such as the Abrigo Centre that provides counselling assistance to families, youth, immigrants, etc. There's also a Toronto Public Library, pharmacies, Lifelabs, and a couple other medical offices that offer different kinds of treatment. The built form is debatable and can certainly be improved, but I don't have an issue with their current functionality.

Are you referring specifically to the Dufferin-St. Clair Community Clinic that offers services to methodone users? There's a variety of mixed use buildings along there such as the Abrigo Centre that provides counselling assistance to families, youth, immigrants, etc. There's also a Toronto Public Library, pharmacies, Lifelabs, and a couple other medical offices that offer different kinds of treatment. The built form is debatable and can certainly be improved, but I don't have an issue with their current functionality.
Broadly speaking I am referring to Dufferin street in and around Corso italia. I agree with you that the current quality of built form here isn't the worst, but I do hope that it gets redeveloped soon.

For a A brief history of Dufferin Street see link.

s0372_ss0058_it1812.jpg

Duffrin is one of my least favourite streets in Toronto so the sooner it redevelops, the better!

This video drives by the site near the end of the ride

If you're riding the 29 you'd better have an iron grip on that handrail or you're going for a series of brief unplanned flights.

90 CROATIA ST
Ward 18 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

10 lots

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Subdivision Approval 17 237276 STE 18 SB Sep 22, 2017 Application Received
OPA & Rezoning 17 237256 STE 18 OZ Sep 22, 2017 Application Received

90 CROATIA ST
Ward 18 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

10 lots

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Subdivision Approval 17 237276 STE 18 SB Sep 22, 2017 Application Received
OPA & Rezoning 17 237256 STE 18 OZ Sep 22, 2017 Application Received

Is it typical for there to be no info at this site? Or is the submission posted later? I'm so curious what their submission includes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back