Toronto Bloor & Dufferin | 122.35m | 37s | Hazelview | Turner Fleischer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 50.000 sq. ft of office space is not much in the big picture, most likely small office components over top commercial retail,
Also looks like a lot of residential density here?, many locals will not be happy with the big towers proposed
Even a token amount is good, providing mixed uses and different sorts of activities throughout the day will help make the area vibrant.

2200 units here, 3400 at Galleria.... Dufferin corridor will be getting more and more dense. If we plot population and employment density on a map of Toronto, Dufferin is the clear winning corridor for future western leg of DRL in my opinion, though I submit that many prefer sending it to Mt. Dennis via Dundas West/Keele.

Both of these will likely be reduced in unit count before construction, just like Mirvish Village was. Still a ton of new units though, regardless.

Dufferin is already a very busy street, it needs higher order transit sooner than later but I haven't ever heard the TTC discuss it.

I wish this site got developed at the same time as Dufferin Mall in a holistic and carefully planned way. We all know the mall is a candidate to go eventually, even if it won't be for another decade.

Honestly I don't see the mall going anywhere, it's pretty busy all day and has two major anchor tenants in NoFrills and Wal-Mart, both of which seem to do good business. I could see the parking lots being built on though, it would be nice to have residences and shops along the street instead of a garage.

Dufferin is already a very busy street, it needs higher order transit sooner than later but I haven't ever heard the TTC discuss it.
Dont worry just like what happens throughout the rest of the city, transit improvements wont even be considered until both this development and the Galleria Mall development are complete.

And the huge development between lawrence and yorkdale. I'll also assume with a eglinton lrt that eglinton will see development as well

Honestly I don't see the mall going anywhere, it's pretty busy all day and has two major anchor tenants in NoFrills and Wal-Mart, both of which seem to do good business. I could see the parking lots being built on though, it would be nice to have residences and shops along the street instead of a garage.

I think what will happen is the part of the Mall north of Walmart (it currently includes ToysRUs, Winners) will be closed and the first phase of the Mall redevelopment will see a midrise and highrise mix built with connected podiums that will become the new north wing of the mall, and a new east wing that will go meet Dufferin St. Long way off, but hopefully it will be thoughtfully integrated with this big development at Dufferin and Bloor.

It is possible that Dufferin station can be expanded to include a path like connection across Bloor street to these new developments?

Well, that's a decision to be made based on a spreadsheet. Mall is doing OK (debatable, especially for smaller businesses since it doesn't draw a high spending crowd. I doubt the rents are that high) but if redevelopment is more profitable, they'd go that route.

Simply building on the parking garage in a tower infill fashion is a bad idea, a site this central deserves better. A complete overhaul gives you the chance to properly integrate to the existing urban fabric.

Last edited:
  • Buildings A1 and A2: 11 storeys each (39.5 m and 40.5 m respectively)
  • Building B1: 44 storeys (145.0 m)
  • Building B2: 47 storeys (154.0 m)
  • Building C1: 7 storeys (29.0 m)
  • Building C2: 30 storeys (99.2 m)
  • Building D: 11 storeys (43.6 m)
  • Building E: 25 storeys (84.2 m)
  • Building F: 6 storeys (20.5 m)
@DonValleyRainbow

upload_2017-9-27_17-13-16.png

upload_2017-9-27_17-14-4.png

upload_2017-9-27_17-14-30.png

upload_2017-9-27_17-14-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-27_17-13-16.png
    upload_2017-9-27_17-13-16.png
    279.6 KB · Views: 467
  • upload_2017-9-27_17-14-4.png
    upload_2017-9-27_17-14-4.png
    294 KB · Views: 484
  • upload_2017-9-27_17-14-30.png
    upload_2017-9-27_17-14-30.png
    380.5 KB · Views: 474
  • upload_2017-9-27_17-14-52.png
    upload_2017-9-27_17-14-52.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 448
Several things bug me more than two towers coming out of a giant podium. Keep that crap in the waterfront/Gardiner neighbourhoods please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back