Toronto Bisha Hotel and Residences | 146.91m | 44s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

WzA7hAd.jpg

NW5JtpN.jpg

Scamander24 what time of day and was it yesterday that you took those most recent photos? If it was during the day yesterday then it is the perfect example of why this project is taking so long. Not a single person seen working in that photo...

That's because there is never anybody on that site. Every time I walk by, it seems deserted.

Scamander24 what time of day and was it yesterday that you took those most recent photos? If it was during the day yesterday then it is the perfect example of why this project is taking so long. Not a single person seen working in that photo...

I was at the site at around 5:30pm yesterday (I usually take pictures after work). I remember there were a few workers on ground level near the heritage structure on Peter. I think it's been progressing fairly quickly over the last several weeks...early on it was super slow though.

I was at the site at around 5:30pm yesterday (I usually take pictures after work). I remember there were a few workers on ground level near the heritage structure on Peter. I think it's been progressing fairly quickly over the last several weeks...early on it was super slow though.

Thanks for the photos/update.

I walked by yesterday and there were about 10 construction guys within hands in their pockets while a couple of guys did some work down in the pit. It looks like they're installing iron beams in a path that appears to be meant to roll the house back on to. Shouldn't be long now.

I don't know nuth'n but I'm gonna speculate: Bisha Hotel is on hold due to over-saturated condohotel market in Toronto. Hence the slow construction while they sort out what is going to replace the hype machine space. Yes I've read the official "press release" but I'm not buying it.;)

I walked by and it looks like they're going to start moving the house back any day now. Finally. This was demonstrative of the problem with construction in this city. Developers are allowed to close off an entire lane of traffic for months, sometimes years at a time. I don't buy that the delay in working on the below ground portion was because the project was complex when I passed by every day and rarely saw anybody on site.

There should be a process in place where streets can only be closed once a vetted plan shows that they're ready to start that very day. If milestones aren't met, then the developer gets fined at an increasing rate until they clear city property.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 1,128
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,087
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,101
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,094
The heritage building is back in place.

Thanks for the pic, anybody capture the move?

I am looking forward to seeing how well they match the brick for the rest of the podium.

The street has been blocked for so long it probably seems massive now...

Back