News   Mar 28, 2024
 418     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 296     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 322     0 

Toronto Bike Share

It would have been nice if they provided Toronto with the same rates as in Montreal. There you get 45 minutes of free time per trip, and lower surcharges.

A few Bixi stations that I passed today walking my dog at Dundonald & Yonge, Bloor & Jarvis and Jarvis & Isabella, respectively. Some have more docks than others, as may have been noted. I just think this is a great idea, I really hope it succeeds and eventually expands.

Walking around about 6:30 to 7:30 tonight I passed by five Bixi stations and most bikes were out, a couple of stations only had two bikes available. I might be jumping the gun here but given that the program has just rolled out and tourist season hasn't begun yet I think this is going to be a real success in Toronto.

I expect The Police to set up some stings soon nabbing people riding on the sidewalk up to the dock.

Walking around about 6:30 to 7:30 tonight I passed by five Bixi stations and most bikes were out, a couple of stations only had two bikes available. I might be jumping the gun here but given that the program has just rolled out and tourist season hasn't begun yet I think this is going to be a real success in Toronto.

I've been seeing them everywhere too. If it's as successful as it seems to be headed to, Rob Ford is going to have to bite the bullet and build real separated bike lanes. Cyclists aren't going anywhere so Ford is either going to have to deal with bikes mingling with cars or give them their own network of separated lanes.

I'm biased because this would benefit me, but I think they need to roll this out to West Queen West pronto. It's a real biking community that's not yet served by the initial implementation.

I have a bike but I would become a member to not have to worry about theft. I would just use my own bike for workouts where I go and come back and use BIXI for transportation.

Last edited:
They put in a station at Queen's Quay & Spadina, and it has been busy. Every time I go by I see people checking it out, and checking out bikes. I've also seen quite a few people riding Bixis. Great program!

Wow.. that didn't take long. A Lexus outside City Hall. Did Rob Ford's road rage finally burst out? Pinkos riding their own bikes was one thing. Bike sharing was one step too far for ol' Robbie.

Ah.. at about 3:05 workers at BTS heard what sounded like a recycling truck ... lots of banging, glass breaking etc. One look outside and wow... the new Bixi station lasted all of 2.5 days. My question is... what about the poor people using that station for a round-trip? By 5pm most of the station had been trucked away.

Back