✅
Coxwell + Eastwood
✅
Clendenan + Annette
✅
Bloor + Clarens
✅
888 Cosburn (Stan Wadlow Park)

They've certainly picked up the pace all of a sudden!

And the audacious pace continues:

✅
Bleecker + St James
✅
Pottery + Lower Don River Trail
✅
Roehampton + Mount Pleasant
✅
Lascalles + Eglinton W
✅
Victoria Memorial Park
✅
Little Norway Park
✅
111 Pacific
✅
Gothic + Quebec

More new outposts:

✅
Wellington + York
✅
Western Battery + Pirandello
✅
Front + Simcoe
✅
Lower Simcoe + Bremner
✅
Annette + Keele
✅
Keele + Vine

And here we go again:

✅
Lake Shore W + Alexander
✅
Dundas E + Victoria St Lane
✅
Marilyn Bell Tennis Courts
✅
Strachan + Adelaide
✅
Shaw + Dupont
✅
Belmont + Davenport
✅
Adelaide + Brant
✅
Merton + Al Green
✅
Merton + Mount Pleasant
✅
Clarence Square
✅
Richmond E + Yonge
✅
Jarvis + Queens Quay
✅
Canniff + Crawford

Today's new stations:

✅
Gerrard E + Ted Reeve
✅
Via Italia + Mackay
✅
Danforth + Sibley
✅
St. Clair + Rushton
✅
Jarvis + Richmond E
✅
Ellis + The Queensway
✅
Howard + Ontario
✅
Campbell + Sarnia
✅
Jane + Bloor W
✅
Beresford + Bloor W

There've been stations in Etobicoke since last year along the Martin Goodman.

They can keep expanding outward, but at some point the built form and lack of cycling infrastructure will result in increasingly diminished returns. I might put some along the Humber River trail, but they would probably see more benefit by focusing on infill for the next round. We'll see how much is yet to come this year, but there could definitely still be more stations throughout the east end and midtown, as well as in the Junction. And it doesn't always come through in the maps, but there are probably lots of sensible infill sites throughout the city.

There've been stations in Etobicoke since last year along the Martin Goodman.

They can keep expanding outward, but at some point the built form and lack of cycling infrastructure will result in increasingly diminished returns. I might put some along the Humber River trail, but they would probably see more benefit by focusing on infill for the next round. We'll see how much is yet to come this year, but there could definitely still be more stations throughout the east end and midtown, as well as in the Junction. And it doesn't always come through in the maps, but there are probably lots of sensible infill sites throughout the city.

I meant central Etobicoke, close to the subway stations.

The thing is, they're only really useful if you have docks at destinations so people have somewhere to ride to. If the only docks are at subway stations, then people can only ride from station to station, and what's the point of that? You need a distributed network of stations for it to be useful, which is much harder to justify in low-density areas where docks can't serve many destinations simultaneously.

I see a station was added just now at Eglinton and Leslie. Probably the most isolated station we've seen so far.

I'm not sure I see the point in this station, in isolation. But perhaps more will be coming locally.

I tend to think they ought to till out the midtown east side first, ie. the retail strip along Bayview from Davisville to Eglinton, and the Mt. Pleasant retail strip south of Eglinton first. Then if they wanted to stretch, Laird Drive might be worthwhile a supermarket/shopping corridor.

They still need a lot more infill in other areas too. In the East York area there are still no stations on Woodbine north of Danforth (Stan Wadlow Park isn't far from the Cosburn intersection, but I can't count it); they also need outposts at other major shopping locations in the Upper Beach area (VP/Danforth, VP/Gerrard, VP/Kingston Rd.)

Hopefully we'll see some of these this year.

Today:

✅
Westmount + St Clair
✅
Symington + Dupont
✅
Eastwood + Woodbine
✅
Woodbine Subway Station

Not including the station at Leslie/Eglinton which hasn't been announced as yet by Bikeshare's social media..................

We're at 61 new stations installed in this bout.

That also excludes the 3 early season installs at High Park.

So I looked back................it appears we're due for 105 total stations this year.

So about 40 left to go.

Back