News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Toronto Bike Share

Why doesn't Burlington just piggy-back off of Hamilton's SOBI system?

I don't think it would be a concern that bikes would end up in one city or another. They would be independent enough clusters to be self-sustaining.

They very well may do that. The tweet I quoted simply is council requesting staff to prepare a report on costs and options. It may well be that they decide to contract it out to SOBI.

Statistics from Bike Share. They share ridership numbers in their newsletters. Image grabbed from reddit.

February 2019 ridership was 40,000 - so lower than last year. I imagine it has a lot to do with the frigid weather we've had the last 6 weeks or so.

And..........another station just went online.............

✅
High Park Station - West Rd

This is High Park, just south of Bloor.

April saw a ridership of 145,156, up 67% over last April. Mind you, this was a much warmer April than last April.. Lets see how the May numbers fare given this month seems like its going to be much colder than last May.

Last edited:
April saw a ridership of 145,156, up 67% over last april. Mind you, this was a much warmer april than last april.. Lets see how the May numbers fare given this month seems like its going to be much colder than last May.

Interesting -- funny you say that about the April YoY comparison; warmer, yes, but wetter, no?

All things being equal, when I think about biking to work, the temperature doesn't really affect my decision-making, but the wetness certainly does. Maybe the calculus is different for others (or maybe I'm just wrong in thinking that this April was wetter than last).

Interesting -- funny you say that about the April YoY comparison; warmer, yes, but wetter, no?

All things being equal, when I think about biking to work, the temperature doesn't really affect my decision-making, but the wetness certainly does. Maybe the calculus is different for others (or maybe I'm just wrong in thinking that this April was wetter than last).
I personally only consider weather when it's below 2 or 3 degrees.. otherwise it's just if it's raining or not, but I know a lot of people quit biking as soon as you need gloves to do it.

You can see that behavior in the bikeshare ridership chart on the last page - the 5 highest months are the ones with 20+ degree weather consistently, , and it dropping off significantly after that.

Back