News   May 02, 2024
 689     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 211     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 281     0 

Toronto Bike Share

They likely don't have budget and/or ability to simply pave over grass. And in many locations there are no options as paved sidewalk space is limited or unavailable.
They do sometimes pave the 'grass areas' - they did the one at Queen's Quay @ Bathurst last year. I agree they can get very messy.

They likely don't have budget and/or ability to simply pave over grass. And in many locations there are no options as paved sidewalk space is limited or unavailable.

I've wondered weather they couldn't simply lay down an industrial grade rubber mat, and use spikes to adhere it to the grass. Not all that expensive, nor labour-intensive to install.

Reactions: DSC
Update on 2019 expansion rollout.

List of 10 neighbourhoods to receive new bike stations.

Map from The Star:

map.jpg

List of neighbourhoods from Blog TO:

1. Bloor West Village
  2. Forest Hill Village
  3. High Park
  4. Humber Bay Park East
  5. Mimico
  6. Kingston Rd. east of Victoria Park Ave.
  7. St. Clair Ave.
  8. Swansea
  9. The Junction
  10. Yonge & Eglinton
Note that I believe #6 is erroneous as it doesn't match the map which implies Kingston Rd. West of Victoria Park, which makes more sense.

I don't know why they are bothering expanding in North Toronto while all this construction is going on. Towards the north, they should focus on strengthening the breadth of the St. Clair corridor first.

Would be nice if they expanded a bit to the Stockyards area at St Clair and Keele, maybe west to Runnymede. Cycling conditions are not great, but I've definitely seen a lot more cyclists and pedestrians in the area.

Would be nice if they expanded a bit to the Stockyards area at St Clair and Keele, maybe west to Runnymede. Cycling conditions are not great, but I've definitely seen a lot more cyclists and pedestrians in the area.
I feel like a lot of the energy should be directed at east-west expansion over northern expansion, especially considering that this system is still running at deficits as per the UT article above.

Capturing that High Park, Swansea, HBS, Junction, Stockyards area of the city to the west, and expanding deeper into East York, Leslieville, the Beaches, and Birch Cliff area to the east is how you will create a stronger overall system.

I feel like a lot of the energy should be directed at east-west expansion over northern expansion, especially considering that this system is still running at deficits as per the UT article above.

Capturing that High Park, Swansea, HBS, Junction, Stockyards area of the city to the west, and expanding deeper into East York, Leslieville, the Beaches, and Birch Cliff area to the east is how you will create a stronger overall system.

I think, overall, this year's proposed expansion is sound.

I would have liked to see more in the East York area, particularly east of Coxwell.

Locations I feel would benefit the system and work would be Woodbine/O'Connor, Stan Wadlow Pool/Arena/Park, Woodbine/Lumsden, High density pocket at Secord/Barrington/Eastdale, Danforth/Dawes, Dentonia Park, Shopper's World on Danforth.

Given all the criticism the Woodbine bike lanes have faced, it would be good for the expansion to provide some attention to the Woodbine corridor.

I'm always interested to see infill locations.

Last year most of the infill locations were along King St. and around Union Station. I'm hopeful most of them this year will be more dispersed, especially given that a lot of them are tied to section 37 funds.

Exciting to think that this year's expansion will actually be even larger than last years, as well.

Back