Toronto Beyond The Sea | ?m | 44s | Empire | Richmond Architects

The urbanity of Bloor in the Kingsway is really more comparable to Bayview in Leaside, anyway. (And, this being Etobicoke, strangely more constipated--like, you don't find blog-promoted bagel and gelato joints here.)

Perhaps Etobicoke's prime urban areas are in the south end, along Lake Shore. They're not as high end as the Kingsway, but less "constipated". Too bad no one sees areas like New Toronto as downtown Etobicoke. Intensified with the focus of establishing a city centre, it would have the history and character that none of the new city centres have. Being close to the lake, it would be the cross of Port Credit with MCC.

Trouble is, New Toronto et al is too sleepily off-centre to be a "downtown Etobicoke" (y'know, the subway doesn't go there)--and like Port Credit, the lakeshore communities carry their former (until 1966) political independence a little too strongly.

Best to allow it all to grow Port Creditlike, roughly speaking, than to turn it into a PC/MCC mix...

-

RIP "Mistral"... you were a decade too soon, but you were beautiful and deserved a better fate. Raise a glass to Eva the architect behind Mistral.

mistral.jpg

Is this going where the sales centre is, just to the west of Park Lawn and Lakeshore, on the north side?

Doesn't look like it meets Lakeshore too well. A nice streetwall with retail would be nice. I guess we'll see.

Great renderings!

I guess these don't include the tallest Star Tower. Hell, I live right beside this development and I can barely recognize the 'hood.:D

Doesn't look like it meets Lakeshore too well. A nice streetwall with retail would be nice. I guess we'll see.

Retail units are planned on Lakeshore - the rendering looks great, but doesn't depict the Lakeshore portion too well - the site plan indicates a fairly urban context with retail units on Lakeshore.

Retail units are planned on Lakeshore - the rendering looks great, but doesn't depict the Lakeshore portion too well - the site plan indicates a fairly urban context with retail units on Lakeshore.

Excellent news, thanks Mike. That wasn't clear in the renderings.

Back