Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

MG]

I saw them testing it yesterday. It is FANTASTIC. We need tons more of this in this city of grey cladding and glass.

Indeed. While we can't do much about all the grey cladding and green glass in this city, we can relegate it into the background by building colourful street art, fountains and by adding greenery with proper infrastructure for healthy trees. Berkzy Park got all of that right.

I saw them testing it yesterday. It is FANTASTIC. We need tons more of this in this city of grey cladding and glass.

It's also a refreshing break from the poured concrete landscaping features like retaining walls and walkways that are common with new developments. Poured concrete typically looks cheap and uninspired.

The park is going to be a big success. Especially the fountain. Still fenced off and not turned on yet I saw all sorts of people checking it out and taking pictures.

IMG_4788.JPG
IMG_4787.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4788.JPG
    IMG_4788.JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_4787.JPG
    IMG_4787.JPG
    588 KB · Views: 382
Incredible photo from 1980!, the year I moved to Toronto area in fact.

Anyone have a recent photo from the same vantage point? I will dig through the thread as well but if anyone has one readily accessible I would love to see it! Thank you

Back