Toronto Bella Condominiums | 138.36m | 43s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

New docs posted May 31. Height is now 33 storeys, 107.26m: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4228981&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

This now includes a parkland dedication north of the building:

There are so many parks and pieces of parkland in the area. There's no need to ruin the urban streetwall here with a another one. Certainly not a need.

There are so many parks and pieces of parkland in the area. There's no need to ruin the urban streetwall here with a another one. Certainly not a need.

Yes, there are many little parks & parkettes in the area - mostly conveyed by Developers to City along westside of Beecroft & eastside of Doris - outside the North York Center Secondary Plan - leaving very little parkland within the high-density urban grown area itself. See map: Green dot are Small Park/Parkette, Yellow dot are Medium Park, Blue dot is Large Park

Here, the parkette being conveyed north of the site is interesting as it'll have Yonge Street frontage and while I haven't heard anything about Section 37 Community Benefit here,... it's possible to get street level retail along northside of this development conveyed to City,.... and similarly for future development at adjacent lots to north,... forming another NY Square mew area with St Lawrence Market type retail space conveyed to City just like at Sorbara Beacon (finishing up now) & G-Group/Lalu Ellie-Condo (starting up now) one block south!

But even if that doesn't materialize,... the Yonge Street parkette & POP gives Eva's Satellite (for troubled youth - labeled as "2-Storey Commercial Building" in previous map) on Canterbury Place (northwest of this site) direct access to Yonge Street

Holly crap,.... just approved at OMB/LPAT (not official release yet),.... with requested 9.61FSI density down to 8.80FSI (purchased small lot to north)

As I stated in previous post, North York Centre Secondary Plan allows 100m height & 4.5FSI density - extra height & density is “buyable” (at higher Section 37 Community Benefit payment rate) only for corner site with direct subway entrances and density “buyable” up to 6.0FSI. This site is mid-block nowhere near Subway entrance,... and getting their 8.80-9.61FSI density sets a record for highest density within North York Centre Secondary Plan

Last edited:
Occupants of the existing plaza are being told to vacate premises by early in the new year; thus likely to start demolition and construction in Spring. With the plaza gone, where will all the locals buy their,... err, fine Mezza Notte pizza,...
5300Yonge.jpg

No new renderings are updated in the database! The overall building height and overall building storey counts remain the same!

The changes are the following: increased total unit count from 309 units to 332 units and total parking count increased from 235 parking spaces to 259 parking spaces.

Occupants of the existing plaza are being told to vacate premises by early in the new year; thus likely to start demolition and construction in Spring. With the plaza gone, where will all the locals buy their,... err, fine Mezza Notte pizza,...View attachment 346868

As much as I dislike strip malls, I always had a soft spot for this one because the building always looked well maintained from the street, had interesting tenants, and has midcentury modern charm.

Well now.............Completely new app, filed for the most recent assembled version of this.........5294-5306 Yonge inclusive.

There's enough pics up top of the as-is..........so lets refer to the new app. to see what's changed.

1666076309009.png

Well, off the top, we see +10s going from 33s to 43s; and their record FSI for this area was seemingly not enough as we climb to 11.41, @sunnyraytoronto will raise an eyebrow.

Scott Shields Remains the Architect

@PMT note the updated info for the Title.

1666076512683.png

1666076553615.png

1666076643358.png

Now Lets' look at the Cover Letter:

1666076844369.png

Comparison of Proposals over the years from the Planning Rationale Report:

1666077060241.png

1666077108335.png

Interesting to see that while Unit total and Height have increased substantially through the years, yet parking has declined/remained the same.........YET..........

The parking ratio for this site remains quite high for a site with such close proximity to the subway, at over 0.5 spaces per unit.

Ha! In reading the Report the OLT Order was only finalized in August of this year! So the proverbial ink is barely dry!

Regulars will no my thoughts on micro, narrow parks.............I will spare people the diatribe this time.........

I do, however, think that a discussion should be held about substantially reducing underground parking and offsetting that with funding for a new Bikeshare Station, new TDM measures, and on-site car-sharing.

I don't think the parking ratio should be anymore than 1/2 the proposed level.

Last edited:
Well, off the top, we see +10s going from 33s to 43s; and their record FSI for this area was seemingly not enough as we climb to 11.41, @sunnyraytoronto will raise an eyebrow.

Err,.... I raised more than just an eyebrow,... and if I mentioned what I raised,... I'll probably get banned,...

View attachment 433241

View attachment 433242

Regulars will no my thoughts on micro, narrow parks.............I will spare people the diatribe this time.........

I suspect the reason why the City would want that narrow dog toilet,... err, I mean narrow park to the north,... is really to provide City right-of-way access to Yonge Street for that "2-storey Commercial Building" directly west of the narrow park. This "2-storey Commercial Building" is actually City property most recently used for Eva's Satellite - Youth Homeless Shelter,... emptied out about 3 months ago supposedly for renovations,... which I haven't seen any sign of as of yet. With winter coming,... this might become a regular Homeless Shelter VS Youth Homeless Shelter. Notice, the park rendering has more Youth oriented exercise equipment than kids' playgrounds structures.

Back