Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

I've been watching the construction web cam a lot today. They've been working and pouring concrete all day and are still at it now. There's been some temporary adjustments of the camera as well. Sometimes it zooms in close and scans around the whole site. Better than what's on TV....

The design is a wasted opportunity. Why repeat what has already been done? That's just lazy.

I see where you're coming from. We live in a city with many many twin-tower, copy-paste designs/complexes. Something that I too dislike. I much prefer standalone towers to shape the skyline.
However, this design is the one that fits most next to BA1. They were designed together and that, i believe, was the plan all along. I would have liked to see 3 towers of different designs. (like the new WTC complex in NYC).
But like the others are saying, Bay Adelaide 1 is amongst the finest of office towers you can hope to have in a city. Despite it's boxiness. it looks beautiful even to this day.

Thankfully, Bay Adelaide 3 (north) might be able to break the mould. It'll definitely have a different foorplate, and hopefully a tapered roof or something more distinctive.

pieces for the second crane arriving now

Here is a snapshot from the webcam for anyone not in the vicinity:

vknrRb1.jpg

Live feed HERE

Does anyone know the name of that old building on the left with the winners in the bottom. Its such a beautiful building, but it really doesn't fit in with that underground parking its attached too, imo.

That's just part of Scotia Plaza, too - the garage doors are elevators to the loading docks for the complex as well as 20 King St W. The facade was transplanted from a building demolished for Scotia Plaza's construction.

Does anyone know the name of that old building on the left with the winners in the bottom. Its such a beautiful building, but it really doesn't fit in with that underground parking its attached too, imo.

That is the facade of the old Wood Gundy building that was incorporated into Scotia Plaza. It was also the main entrance to Harry Rosen before they moved over to FCP in 2005.

Wait, does this building have an octagonal floorplate? Until that beam went up on the NW corner I was assuming there was a missing column at the corner.

->noticed that to and same will happen (looks like) for the opposite side aswell...? Confused how a square does an angle like that.

Back