Toronto Bathurst College Centre | ?m | 4s | RioCan | Turner Fleischer

I've been wondering about how this one has been coming along. Not a quick build, I suppose to a great degree because of the size of the floor plate!

It had to do more with the parking levels as well building only haft a section at a time.

Could not find the dot for this project on the UT map section.

Pics taken Oct 5, 2017

AFBCU2Y.jpg

PQVP5uC.jpg

A bit bigger than it was 2 months ago:

IMG_1202.jpg
IMG_1399.jpg
IMG_1497.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg
IMG_1695.jpg
IMG_1792.jpg
IMG_3191.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1399.jpg
    IMG_1399.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 503
Yup. I was surprised by how clean "the cut" is halfway through the building: there's no rebar sticking out of the slab there to tie the south section in when it gets built… could there be an interior atrium slicing through the building? Hmm…

Anyone have the architectural drawings for this one?

what is also interesting is that the north side is the first "phase".. while the parking entrance is on the southern portion of the site. Really wonder what is going on in terms of staging here. You need the south side to open the north side, so why bother building it in two phases? why not just do it all at once?

And as the south half is following now, if you are going to build it only a few months after the north half, why bother splitting the work in two if you're completing it so soon after? Anyone with insight into these questions is encouraged to cough it up!

And as the south half is following now, if you are going to build it only a few months after the north half, why bother splitting the work in two if you're completing it so soon after? Anyone with insight into these questions is encouraged to cough it up!

Worked on the building for a couple months..

The building is split in 2 for production purposes. North portion of the site was excavated first working south, meaning production could ramp up on the north, almost treating it as two separate projects.
An expansion joint exists between the buildings which is why no rebar or couplers are shown (also why it was split due to ease or a joint already existing at mid point)

Worked on the building for a couple months..

The building is split in 2 for production purposes. North portion of the site was excavated first working south, meaning production could ramp up on the north, almost treating it as two separate projects.
An expansion joint exists between the buildings which is why no rebar or couplers are shown (also why it was split due to ease or a joint already existing at mid point)
Perfect answer - thanks @Kyle!

Maybe I'll like the finished product here in the end? What's up with the SW corner of Bathurst and College? Anyone?

Back