Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

From SkyJacked's Twitter - https://twitter.com/SkyJacked793/status/520274828847489025

yS0USRS.jpg

Renders showed curtainwall. Suprise, surprise, its window wall.

Renderings show an artist's interpretation of the final product, and in this case I think most of us were expecting window wall based on the pre-construction images.

Last edited:
Renders showed curtainwall. Suprise, surprise, its window wall.

Not sure how you arrived at curtain-wall by simply looking at a rendering. For future reference, don't rely on renderings for building details or materials. Instead, take a look at the elevations/drawings or at the very least, building descriptions.

Anyone think that the contrasting light-coloured spandrel stripes copies L Tower too much? (reducing the uniqueness of L Tower?)

Not only are the light-coloured spandrel stripes not unique, but they badly impact the interiors...particularly for smaller units which do not have many windows...

Not sure how you arrived at curtain-wall by simply looking at a rendering. For future reference, don't rely on renderings for building details or materials. Instead, take a look at the elevations/drawings or at the very least, building descriptions.

I arrived at curtainwall because the renderings made it appear there would be curtainwall. It made the tower portion look sleek and seamless like curtainwall. I dont really care to look into the building's documents, Im a casual observer. It's just disappointing is all.

I arrived at curtainwall because the renderings made it appear there would be curtainwall. It made the tower portion look sleek and seamless like curtainwall. I dont really care to look into the building's documents, Im a casual observer. It's just disappointing is all.

The point is that the renderings didn't depict what looked like curtain wall. Most people, even casual observers, look at those renderings and see window wall.

The point is that the renderings didn't depict what looked like curtain wall. Most people, even casual observers, look at those renderings and see window wall.

SMT, maybe he was looking at the top of the rendering. Looking at the top of the main rendering on the database page, I could see how people could think curtain wall easily.

Anyway, we all learn at some point to never take a rendering to be proof of anything, other than that a building will be built. It gives scale, massing and position on the site, and sometimes more, sometimes less.

Does L-Towers have curtain wall or window wall?

It has both. The north facade is clad in curtain wall and the south, east and west facades are clad in hybrid window wall.

Last edited:

Back