Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

It definitely doesn't jive with the Sony Centre's design and is sort of awkwardly lumped-on. What's especially sad is that the L Tower is so far into construction and the Sony Centre looks worse than ever. The exterior and the landscaping need some serious TLC.

It definitely doesn't jive with the Sony Centre's design and is sort of awkwardly lumped-on. What's especially sad is that the L Tower is so far into construction and the Sony Centre looks worse than ever. The exterior and the landscaping need some serious TLC.
The metal covered "shed" attached to the Sony at Scott/The Esplanade is (I am told) temporary and will be removed once the L-Tower is finished and the Sony gets some space there. The Sony plazas will be fixed in spring (West) and fall (East and North) 2015 once the construction is finished.

The metal covered "shed" attached to the Sony at Scott/The Esplanade is (I am told) temporary and will be removed once the L-Tower is finished and the Sony gets some space there. The Sony plazas will be fixed in spring (West) and fall (East and North) 2015 once the construction is finished.

By shed, do you mean that little foot that protrudes at the base from the tower? I sure hope so because that is was makes the entire base look like a cheap disney park addition. If you got rid of it and just left the verticle tower - you'd do the design a big favor imo.

By shed, do you mean that little foot that protrudes at the base from the tower? I sure hope so because that is was makes the entire base look like a cheap disney park addition. If you got rid of it and just left the verticle tower - you'd do the design a big favor imo.
No, my shed is the one at corner of Scott & The Esplanade - beside the Sony loading dock area.

September 26th:

QsS51R8.jpg

RCYCG57.jpg

ZLNdmMp.jpg

Pv7OLBT.jpg

KZPiXHK.jpg

I'm interested to know how bad the noise transfer is on those southern units. Southern units are pretty much right on the train tracks

From a few days ago.

l tower and backstage.jpg

Attachments

• l tower and backstage.jpg
    l tower and backstage.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,147
I used to live along the GO train tracks. I generally found that closed windows muffled almost all of the sound. But if the windows were open! It sounded like a GO train was about to crash into my head. GO's diesel engines were the worst part - the freight trains didn't make as much noise. Electrification would probably eliminate much of the noise. (And that new development across the train tracks might help, too.)

This is turning out great and will have the added bonus of blocking out a lot of L Tower's ugly southern side.

Except that side of Backstage will itself be blocked by L from most angles and the south side of Backstage looks like it will be its less appealing side.

Back