Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

Love that last pic. Looks like some interesting views for the future south facing residents.
I'm a bit of a railway buff but even I couldn't stand the thought of having all those tracks under my nose.
Still...

I'd much rather have a south facing view of the railway at Backstage than a south facing view in the L tower, of the north facing residents of Backstage!

This visit to L Tower showed us that south-facing residents won't have Backstage too much in their face. There's enough separation between the two buildings, and with the curve most south-facing residents will be able to see around Backstage pretty easily. You get a bit of a hint of that in the top photo above.

Given the current progress of construction, does anyone have a good estimate of when they would be complete? My most recent update from the developers says Winter 2015, but I highly doubt that will be possible given where it is. Of course, I have no experience with how fast/slow these things go.

backstagea1.jpg

Attachments

• backstagea1.jpg
    backstagea1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 867
So in fact the 57th floor penthouse balcony is centered. No glazing yet.

EDIT: Whoops, this is the Backstage thread, not the L Tower thread!

Well then, Backstage looks pretty wide from this POV.

When you've in the L Tower—in a south side apartment in the lower two thirds of the building—the question is, what will that view be like, will you see to the south? You can see in post #864 above by someMidTowner that the answer is not directly south no, but yes to the east and west of Backstage. Its bulbous north wall means the east and west sides are pinched, and easy to see around.

Last edited:
Earlier today:

P1410394.jpg

Attachments

• P1410394.jpg
    P1410394.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 3,039
Still baffles me that they wouldn't have gotten Libeskind to design this, to compliment the L Tower....

Back