Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

That can't be right. As far as I know, all the underground parking for both buildings will be in the Backstage excavation, with a pedestrian tunnel from the underground parking garage to the basement of the L tower.

That is my understanding too and the metal 'tunnel pipe' MAY be large enough for a pedestrian tunnel but not for cars.

My mistake, I must have completely misunderstood the front page story from last summer. The 2 buildings are still apparently sharing parking, but the tunnel is to connect L Tower residents with that shared parking lot.

That one wouldn't be bad for a homeowner to do. That must be a wet wall there because of all the bathroom fixtures, so it would just be a matter of running a line from there.

That is my understanding too and the metal 'tunnel pipe' MAY be large enough for a pedestrian tunnel but not for cars.

The tunnel could be bored larger still. The steel support beam above it is more than twice as wide as the tunnel you see now.

So the residents of the L-tower won't have parking until the basement levels at Backstage are finished?

The tunnel will never be changed and there is no where to put a car under the L Tower. It is a pedestrian tunnel.

Are you saying that I can't drive my car through the tunnel to L, take it up the elevator and park it in my living room? :(

Absolutely no problem!

I see your Isetta and raise you one Peel P50:

p50_prototype.jpg

Attachments

• p50lift.jpg
    p50lift.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,233

From earlier today.

... and here is a picture of the Backstage construction site from high above courtesy of SkyJacked. Picture was taken May 3rd.

8711596536_8d5677c654_h.jpg

wow..... close to the train tracks..... when the building is finished if you put your hand out of the first story window you can probably touch a train
as it goes by.

Back