Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

Current Top Ten:
1. M00T - wtf
2. Euphoria Towers (sic) - it's just one tower, and I don't really like this one
3. Esplendor - not a real word, lame, hard to say
4. Garry Valk Plaza - is this a historical figure? if not, it's lame
5. Urban Toronto Tower - um, no comment :p
6. The Muse - meh, it's ok
7. The Ego - lame
8. O'Keefe Condominiums - not bad
9. Neowin - lame
10. Backstage - at least it's kinda creative

Here's mine:

The Avant
http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/202

Will the one with the most votes will actually be used for the building?
Is there anything to prevent a really stupid or unappropriate name from being used? I am sure the developers wouldn't want a name that may deminish its value and sales, and many of the names so far sounds like a joke.

Last edited:
Will the one with the most votes will actually be used for the building?
Is there anything to prevent a really stupid or unappropriate name from being used? I am sure the developers wouldn't want a name that may deminish its value and sales, and many of the names so far sounds like a joke.

The winner will be picked by a jury from the top ten. I guess they assume that the top ten will have at least one non-joke name they can live with. The top two vote getters will receive the secondary iPad prizes. It's almost like they know that the top vote getter will not be a serious choice.

So therefore, please support "Stephen Colbert Tower", the serious choice.
http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/132

Here is my two cents worth, the campaign will likely get a lot of press and the first thing they will discuss is the number of stupid or joke entries, that is why I'm upset at this forum, where users have constantly complained about the names of the projects and the advertising campaigns and when there is finally an opportunity to participate in the process, the administrators of this site push the "Urban Toronto Tower" and make a mockery of the contest. I don't see what it is supposed to accomplish to have Urban Toronto Tower in the top ten? Why would I waste my time voting for that, as obviously it will not be chosen? Now we look just a geeky as the computer nerds that vote for M00T.

On top of all that we Urban Toronto Tower is losing to Gary Valk Tower, the folks at a NHL Hockey message board. We should push a legitimate name so when the press pick up this story the users of this site don't look like a joke. I am partial to the O'Keefe Condos and I am also a fan of the "Y.ES Condos", I hink both of those have a legitimate chance of winning right now. It would look much better on this forum to have pushed the eventual winner than a "look at us, we're in the top 10, how funny" entry. This idea for a condo naming contest has been pitched by other advertising firms, but was nixed for this exact reason.

I know my personal entry is a bit silly, but the rendering looks like it has a big fin on top and it would make for an interesting marketing campaign for my friends over at BlackJet if Shark Condos was chosen (http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/55).

Why hasn't naming it after William Shatner been considered? After all, he surely must've played O'Keefe back in his pre-Star Trek theatrical days

I just want to know who the idiot is who is number 1 -- maybe not such an idiot after all -- but you know what I mean. And what kind of resources are they using to get hundreds of new votes everyday?? Sounds fishy!

wow just wow,

Here I was having some fun and trying to get some visibility for the forum. I had no idea it would cause so much commotion. I guess I was spending too much time in cahoots with the developers... mea culpa

Seriously I have no problem backing another name(s). But someone needs to explain to me how we go about picking one or more names from 1500 active members. Thoughts/suggestions? There is still a month to go and each person can vote daily so we can easily affect things. And since every person can vote for multiple names we could come up with a short list of 5 or 10 that we officially back.

Is this the official thread for the project?. because the title says 31 stories (i think its 36 now)...

Just a quick question, how much info do we already know about this tower?... can someone lead me to some official renders (if there are any) aside from the sketch that was posted and/or an official website (if it has been released)... it seems very vague to me, and i read the first post on this thread which was posted back in 2007! i had no idea of this project... i'm curious in seeing the design they come up with :D. thnx

BTW: I've already voted for Urban Toronto tower :)!

Well, seeing the leaders, I think all of this discussion is erm, m00t. Marblecake, Rules1&2, Pedobear and Trollface.jpg (the .jpg is pretty funny) have started climbing. We should all bow down before the mighty power of 4chan!

Current Top Ten:
1. M00T - wtf
2. Euphoria Towers (sic) - it's just one tower, and I don't really like this one
3. Esplendor - not a real word, lame, hard to say
4. Garry Valk Plaza - is this a historical figure? if not, it's lame
5. Urban Toronto Tower - um, no comment :p
6. The Muse - meh, it's ok
7. The Ego - lame
8. O'Keefe Condominiums - not bad
9. Neowin - lame
10. Backstage - at least it's kinda creative

In case anyone thought otherwise, I am not affiliated with The Ego. That would be very egotistical, which isn't my style.

Nope, rather I entered Frequency.

/shameless plug.

This is kind of awesome. Of their current top 10, there is exactly one entry that could *conceivably* be used as the name of a condo (two if you count 'Urban Toronto', though I'm not sure the developers see it the same way we do). I presume they're going to change the rules.

M00T is the name of 4chan's founder. They do stuff like this.

UPDATE! Alright, I entered.

While I think 'frequency' is a fine word, and definitely, condo-able, I was thinking: what do a train and an orchestra both have?

...a CONDUCTOR

(it's kind of a cool word too, isn't it? CONDUCTOR. And this tower has a bit of the baton to it...)

Votes, votes! What do you think?
http://www.nameourcondo.com/entry/603

Last edited:

Back