Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Leslie & Eglinton isn't that far away. :p

It is when you only brought a 200mm zoom with you. For some reason most pro cameras don't have a digital zoom and focusing from that distance with a short range optical zoom is essentially hit or miss. I really do need to pick up a long range point and shoot one of these days - because it isnt worth buying a $2500 lens to me.

The top portion of Aura today (north and east sides), it's been really slow progress at this level

This may not be the most beautiful building around but it's size and domination, make it captivating. It can't help but command your attention, while walking around Toronto, especially from the east side. It just draws me to it.

The Ryugyong Hotel has a similar effect on the citizens of Pyongyang. Maybe Spanderel was also responsible for that P.O.S.

Last edited:
Columns rarely get wider as a building rises, the reverse is usually true. Hmmmmm

Q2RLxlL.jpg

That is odd, and the way they've left all of the shoring jacks in place along that corner is also unusual. I'd assume they've got a big pour coming up, maybe a transfer slab. Or maybe the wind load at that corner is going to be quite a bit higher than elsewhere on the structure?

My opinion of this project has not changed. Love these side views now that the glass is more apparent. I know Aura does no look good from every angle... at least wile incomplete, but is a great filler if nothing else to some peoples minds.

I noticed walking by today that the glass on the middle section that some of us thought would be the glass used on the curve is actually less reflective. It looked like the glass changes from duller to more reflective on the floor where the curve starts.

also since it is 10 floors since the curve started which is the same as in the render, aura should now be about 170 m.

Last edited:
So another 102 meters to go on 18 floors:confused:

you're right, aura is now about 56 floors tall according to this: http://yongeandgerrardcondos.blogspot.ca/2012/09/terraces-and-balconies-on-aura-at.html , which would mean 22 floors plus a pretty high, maybe 6 story mechanical. I was basing my guess off the render on skyscraperpage.com which must be inaccurate.

If it really is 56 stories right now and every floor were the same height, the building would be about 181m right now. since i think the upper floors are a little taller than the lower ones it is likely a bit less than 181 m.

math proof: 56/(78 + 6 story mechanical) = .666666

and .66666 x 272 = 181.3333

I don't mean to rant but I just saw this http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/pdf/penthouse_floorplans/79th-floor.pdf, which would suggest 79 stories? which would change the math a bit to make aura now a bit less than 179 m, pretty close to my original estimate and the skyscraperpage.com render

Last edited:

Back