Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Finally, a second row of curtain wall on the curve. Plus the uppermost three floors got higher ceilings again.

3SdiozT.jpg

(Aura webcam HERE )

Very pronounced grid pattern going on there compared to the uneven plaid down below. It also looks like the balcony glass only has 2 more floors to go.

So im thinking the curtain wall will look great from street level. But from the camera level, it appears an odd colour, im guessing due to its reflectivity against the dimest part of the skyline. When it appears slightly off blue or greenish grey from polution. That being said I will personally not judge it untill Much More has been added. And can really be seen from street level. So far not bad though, in my oppinion. (wish i didnt comment as im always picked appart for doing so, so get it over with grammer, spelling and everything under the sun)

The level currently being worked on the top has taken much longer than usual, over a week now. I'm wondering if this could be the last level before the east setback?

The level currently being worked on the top has taken much longer than usual, over a week now. I'm wondering if this could be the last level before the east setback?

I have noticed also that this current level is taking a long time. This is - I believe - the last level before the eastern setback. The model shows ten floors separating the east and west setbacks and we are at ten floors above the west setback.

yes, i believe so. I think the floor they're starting now will be rounded on both sides. As someone mentioned earlier, the rebar for the column on the north/east wall is bent at a 90 degree angle at the top.

I personally think this building is going to look good, with the exception of the direct west and east views which are pure spandrel crap. The best view of aura imo will be from the south.

Last edited:
Nice angle and different view. Thanks for posting it Jasonzed!

+1 great shot! Motion has a really unique streetwall effect, it'll be cool to see what one day fills in the gap up to the new SickKids tower.
Aura too when topped off will have a spectacular effect. Aura will definitely feel supertall, most people will be unused to seeing such a massive building [aka those who don't pay attention in the cbd], let alone, being on such a busy stretch Yonge street with a huge pedestrian crowd, the eyes are sure to be drawn to the sky (they already are)
On a side note, it's also cool how the exterior of a building also plays into the effect with the illusion of height. For example, a building like FCP (imo) doesn't look as tall as it could due to the narrow,contrasting, black, horizontal window lines that run up the building. imo, buildings like Commerce Court West, Scotia Plaza, and the TD Centre can appear much taller than they are due to use of exterior materials and/or shape. Buildings with more floors and shorter neighbours also tend to look taller (yes, i know, obvious), but Aura seems to a have a lot of these combined traits going for it (only thing i that the curved portion combined with the main setbacks as viewed from street level might diminish the effect, but nonetheless a beast)

Back