Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

None of the detractors have answered my simple question... Why you think problems areas like this couldn't be completely removed and re-done later in the process?
Not sure if this is directed at me or not. I can see them going and fixing it later, though I'm not sure if they will or not. My problem isn't so much with these little defects here and there (though I think they're telling) but more about the mess this building is overall. I do like the height; not the design and particularly not the execution.

Speaking from experience with another newer condo complex...the builder tends to ignore things like properly caulking the windows and such because they know that the inevitable settlement will likely be provided to the corproation by the builder before the major deficiencies can be caught. In my condo, which is only 7 years old, we've had to do major repairs of faulty caulking resulting in leaks to the units and suibstantial water damage to the flooring. It's tough on the reserve fund.

Not to mention, the builders lie like cheap rugs about all sorts of things and then deliver substandard product all the time.

Picture from this weekend

8116614468_495da5d242_b.jpg

Saw the retail component lit up tonight and it looked terrible.

It appears that fluorescent track lighting is used throughout. I imagine If a condo was built on top of a Walmart this is how it would look.

Hopefully it's just temporary.

Last edited:
Saw the retail component lit up tonight and it looked terrible.

It appears that fluorescent track lighting is used throughout. I imagine If a condo was built on top of a Walmart this is how it would look.

Hopefully it's just temporary.

Afraid not, it's a Bed, Bath & Beyond. Wish they'd use LED strip lighting at least, but fluorescent are an unfortunately cheap option.

I saw a bed bath and beyond store in downtown Seattle. I was so disappointed. Extremely cheap cheap cheap. Don't know why people are excited about that store.

I saw a bed bath and beyond store in downtown Seattle. I was so disappointed. Extremely cheap cheap cheap. Don't know why people are excited about that store.

Yes it looks horrible, on the third level which I assume will be Marshall's there is exposed duct work running the length of the windows. I can't believe how cheap this looks. Do you think they will be putting a drop ceiling in or something to cover this. But even at that it will still look messed up along the windows.

Definitely no drop ceiling in a department store. Have you ever seen a large store like that with a drop ceiling? Creates the most claustrophobic of spaces...

It's a real shame they didn't make this a higher end store at least. Is what it is though.

Quick Shot!

8122455461_0a4a061fd6_z.jpg

8122475888_476f20ab3e_z.jpg

8122481402_083961d9ec_z.jpg

8122487084_6473009ce2_z.jpg

These shots are from the beginning of the week, so they do not capture the full height which Aura has attained over the past three days... :(

Last edited:

It is very cheap, and Home Outfitters is an almost perfect copy as far as I can tell. I've also been to Marshalls in the U.S. and it seems to be a cheaper version of Winners, if such a thing is possible. This poor choice of retailers cheapens the building. In that sense, it reminds me of that monstrosity at Yonge and Dundas.

It is very cheap, and Home Outfitters is an almost perfect copy as far as I can tell. I've also been to Marshalls in the U.S. and it seems to be a cheaper version of Winners, if such a thing is possible. This poor choice of retailers cheapens the building. In that sense, it reminds me of that monstrosity at Yonge and Dundas.

Please, don't scare me. Metropolis, is my nightmare.

I hate that place with a passion and avoid it at all cost.

I saw the bright lights on in there the other night too and just thought they were worklights or something.
10 Dundas E is a disaster on every count, this isn't bad so far, they got some things right here. I can't wait to get in there and look around.

Yes, the lights were on on the retail 2nd floor last night.

The sign at grade say BMO is opening on Nov 30.

Marshalls is just a Winners and not worth my time to shop there, since I have never seen anything worth buying there. I have been to the stores in the US as well in Mississauga.

A few weeks ago when the signs were going up for Bed, Bath & Beyond, could no believe the number of them going up on this building.

Who is next for that many signs?

I have no problem with open ceilings if they are done right.

It would be nice to see new retailers that are new to the city here as well something different. Having visiting a few malls in Europe this summer, some of them made are retailers look bad.

Yeah they have put two Bed Bath & Beyond signs facing north on the podium and it looks like two more signs are going above them, presumably for Marhshalls. Facing north/the park. So unfortunate that they are plastering this building's podium with signage. And the cheap lighting and shelving going up in the store is unfortunate.

Back