Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

i have a good feeling once the main tower portion goes up and we get the curtain wall that rises up so high its probably gonna look pretty good

The dark curtainwall glass, looks like silky black water running up the middle of the tower. The contrast between this cladding and the window-wall cladding, will make or break the overall design.

So far, I'm still on the side of the good guys. - I'll like go way over the top when the curtainwall cladding takes over completely.

i can't believe you guys are defending this building because it reminds you of plaid.

791c5c56.jpg

I always thought it was a rather uninspiring building but now I realize that half of its problem is that it's surrounded by even uglier buildings and as I've said before, community is important and this battle station is just in the middle of nowhere called a community. just like Massey Tower will be. Cityplace is trying to create a community at least (if you can call horny 20 year olds a community.)

If we like it, we are not defending it.

So long as we are being honest with our feelings.

if you can call horny 20 year olds a community.

I can call it a community easier than calling block after block of identical cookie-cutter houses filled with introverted right wing geriatrics hiding behind a gate separating them from society a "community"

But hey, thats just the opinion of one of those "horny 20 year olds" you accuse cityplace of being filled with. No biggie :)

Last edited:
Every single building in that pic above your comment is 100 times uglier that AURA.

Many of these buildings south of Gerrard & north of College are plastered with huge signs or have been defaced with tiles or stucco jobs. Remember what Sam's & neighbouring buildings looked like when the signs came down prior to demolition?

Many of these buildings south of Gerrard & north of College are plastered with huge signs or have been defaced with tiles or stucco jobs. Remember what Sam's & neighbouring buildings looked like when the signs came down prior to demolition?

And fully refurbished, 90% of them are still not good enough.

Back