Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Another One

7347472418_6948f3ea04_b.jpg

it's too hard to tell right now but based on what I see, it's rather ugly. who knows once all the safety stuff around it is removed and the curtain wall is done. but right now, yes, the beast is a beast

I was on the fence in my opinion of this building up to this point, based on the renders. But if you compare what's been built so far to the renders, it looks like this could turn out to be the most spectacularly ugly building the city has ever seen. The people who championed this thing should be really nervous. But it'll probably still light up beautifully at night ... too bad for this thing that night isn't 24 hrs/day.

They are putting up the steel support for the awings along Yonge at this moment. Just noticed another "fail" - the building utterly ignores the view corridor from Bay and College, through College Park.

AoD

I walked by a couple days ago, and noticed, that the posting for the signage is being installed. - Looks like they are on schedule to have the mall opened up by fall.

Exciting Times!!

noooooooo ^ they might have just killed the podium for me :(

Ah are you referring to the white panels ? I was thinking the same until I saw them today in person, both I and my wife agreed they were actually the best thing to happen to the building. You have to see them in person, it looks more like marble, its a very nice touch!

Back