Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Shot #5 in dt's set of photos is INSANE! How deep is this thing gonna get! From that shot it looks like we're at the bottom! i'd say we're a little over 4 floors down! (maybe 5). :D

`
auradock.jpg

Nice.....once the ramp to the loading dock is finished, work can begin in earnest, assuming this ramp is one that we can dig out under. The digging of this site has stayed at around 3 levels for a long time now.

The pillars holding up this ramp would have been cast down below the lowest point of excavation.

I assume they will be digging under it otherwise why make such a permanent structure? Either way I find it quite impressive and will be even more impressed if this ramp is permanently incorporated through the building, is that even a possibility? A ramp right through the middle of one development to service another? Very interesting.

Just got an update from Canderel regarding construction. Attached below is the URL. Hope it works for everyone
An excerpt:
...The excavation and shoring process will continue throughout the summer months, with the foundation eventually being poured to establish the "footprint" of this landmark building. Presently all vertical drilling is complete; permanent ramp and forming construction has started, only excavation and tieback activities remain to get us to the final depth. The next activity is the forming/pouring of the 5 garage levels...

http://now.eloqua.com/es.asp?s=170&e=22348&elq=dab60a450c1e4561a94dbf6ac0d9ee77

Last edited:
I'm lobbying my boss to have me run one of the cranes on this job..

WISH ME LUCK!!!

A few shots from today including lanes on Yonge Street & Gerrard Street being prepped for closure

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks for the latest pictures, dt. Lane closures are going to create horrendous traffic james and headaches - especially for someone like myself who lives in RoCP1. I use Gerrard Street exit quite often to go East. I , along with others, will have to put up with the headaches -- especially, considering that I myself will be moving into AURA as soon as my unit on the high floor is ready for occupancy.

Last edited:

Back