Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The remaining 20% represents the majority if not all the profit. You do know that things aren't selling like they used to be and there's a ton of competing developments ... maybe too much right now for anyone to get over the last hump.

True... but then this building probably has the financing to proceed. This project most likely will not be ready for occupancy for a least 4 years, also this building in the next 4 years should be able to sell the rest of the units considering its great location, design and height (tallest condo building in Canada)

True... but then this building probably has the financing to proceed. This project most likely will not be ready for occupancy for a least 4 years, also this building in the next 4 years should be able to sell the rest of the units considering its great location, design and height (tallest condo building in Canada)

I agree the location, design are all very important to the fair market value of a new condo. But is the height really important to success of a new building? I mean, as a buyer, what additional benefit I could gain if I bought a 30th floor unit at a 35 stories' building v.s. a 75 stories building? As a matter of fact, I would rather choose the 35 one, if they are selling at the same price at the same location. Don't you agree?

There are people who will pay for a view from the 45th, 55th, 65th, or 75th floor, units on which are difficult to obtain in 35 storey buildings. And then there are some people who would put a premium on being in a landmark building, even if they don't have a landmark view themselves. 35 storey buildings aren't necessarily landmarks downtown anymore.

And even after removing price and location from the equation, there are lots of other reasons to choose buildings more than just for their height: facilities, architecture, builder's reputation, could be some of those.

Different strokes for different folks.

I agree the location, design are all very important to the fair market value of a new condo. But is the height really important to success of a new building? I mean, as a buyer, what additional benefit I could gain if I bought a 30th floor unit at a 35 stories' building v.s. a 75 stories building? As a matter of fact, I would rather choose the 35 one, if they are selling at the same price at the same location. Don't you agree?

I would pay the extra dollars to be up on top ;)

Last edited:
The lower tower (Floors 5~55) was supposed be completed on Oct 2011, they already postponed the starting for almost 1 year, how hard for you to believe they could complete the building at earlist in 2012?

Hard to believe that this building could be up and running in 3 years.:rolleyes:
But according to this guy, this development should be complete by 2012.:confused:

I believe the building could be built in 3 years;
however, are they planning to break ground tomorrow bc it isn't going to happen for 2012 if they are not !

The building could easily be built in three years but, there is no way it will.

I think three years would be kind of pushing it, 3 1/2 years probably. Keep in mind this will be connected to College Park, which is part of the project and although unlikely, another 10 floors could be added. I recall some chatter about that going 20 or 30 pages back.

Back