Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I've been away for a while, what ever happened to their request for additional height?

Actually, I think the perfect time for Canderel Stoneridge to announce the extra 10 floors would be Feb/Mar. This would re-kick start the entire project and help sell the larger PH units, which would become the highest residential floors in Canada! (floors 82-86) :)

Construction would then begin summer '09.

Pardon me if this has been posted (I didn't want to dig through 45 pages of "It's not going to be built" arguments), but I came across this rendering of the area between College Park and Aura towards the park:

img_lrg_aura1.jpg

I like the three magnets. Even if that is not what ends up being built, some kind of arch or arches here would be neat I think.

The addition of trees along this walkway is great (Dear Cosburn, please leave enough soil so the trees can actually grow and live). With outdoor cafes (Dear Aura developers, no chain restaurants, please) along the lane, it could end up being a really nice urban getaway.

From the website: Cosburn Associates Landscaping

Good find! That puts the base in good context for where it sits in relation to College Park. I'm not sure about the arches but whatever, it does formalize the entrance to the parkette from Yonge Street. I like the trees through the walkway in the render though I doubt the retailers who have that window space will like them as much as me.

I didn't realize there would be open space at that end of the development, I'd always figured the two buildings would be connected at ground level with doors on either side of the connection opening onto Yonge and the parkette (kind of like the Eaton Centre thruway at Louisa). I wonder how that'll work for a PATH connection to College Park, since that's the subway level on the other side of that open-air walkway. I mean, it's not like its a huge deal for people to have to walk outdoors for fifteen feet to get into an adjoining building, but AURA did market itself as having a direct subway connection

I didn't realize there would be open space at that end of the development, I'd always figured the two buildings would be connected at ground level with doors on either side of the connection opening onto Yonge and the parkette (kind of like the Eaton Centre thruway at Louisa). I wonder how that'll work for a PATH connection to College Park, since that's the subway level on the other side of that open-air walkway. I mean, it's not like its a huge deal for people to have to walk outdoors for fifteen feet to get into an adjoining building, but AURA did market itself as having a direct subway connection

Plans posted a few pages back show the underground connection from College Park to Aura.

But those plans were ambiguous, and have that entire area identified as "Proposed Future Development", which suggested to me that there was going to be something getting built above-grade at that location. Looking at the new renderings it seems kind of silly to me for them to go to all the bother to excavate that area just to provide for one tiny little retail concourse and a set of stairs up to College Park.

Silly in your estimation, but many people want the weatherproof connection.

And silly or not, the City requires the PATH connection.

As part of any major development close to the subway system or an existing part of the PATH system.

Even buildings that are being built in areas where a PATH connection can been foreseen by the City are required to have knockout panels built into their underground concourses to facilitate easy future link construction. I believe Aura will have knockout panels for future Ryerson and Delta Chelsea connections.

Back