Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

August 10th from the 39th floor of the Sheraton.

AURA-11-08-2013.jpg
Damn. The building looks terrifyingly ugly from that angle

Lets not panic over an unfinished building.. let it be fully built first, or for a few months after that even. Give them a chance, as things can go wrong and maybe it truely is temporary. as we all know its not a part of the design.

I've heard that before, including with those two monsters Canderel built just to the west.

Damn. The building looks terrifyingly ugly from that angle

Find pleasure and some peace on what can be found in the foreground. For everything unpleasant in this city we can find something else that brings beauty to the eye or soul in some way. Thank goodness.

I guess this is for the notched southeast corner.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 2H4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 220312 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 14, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display two illuminated wall signs on the southerly and easterly elevation, in conjunction with a shopping mall. **The Shops at Aura**

I guess this is for the notched southeast corner.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 2H4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 220312 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 14, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display two illuminated wall signs on the southerly and easterly elevation, in conjunction with a shopping mall. **The Shops at Aura**

The addresses for Aura Condos are 386 & 388 Yonge. 444 Yonge is actually The Carlu. I'm thinking they might want to put illuminated signs on the south/east corner of that building instead. Though, beats me why they would try to add big screens to the facade of a distinguished building like the Carlu. It doesn't seem to fit in with the character of the building.

I feel like the people that think this is a good looking building are kind of relying on the big is beautiful argument to support their cause.

Question, if this building were only 35 stories but looked like this would you still argue it's good looking? Doubt it.

It looks like it belongs in Mississauga.

Actually that's funny, because Mississauga is now building prettier buildings than Toronto with Absolute World.

So I guess Toronto wishes it had buildings as nice as Mississauga.

Back