Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

In any case the Design Review Panel went to pick this particular design ( after rejection of the previous one )...

The original design is even worse, with super awkward massing, etc - besides, the developer hired an architect for a reason no?

AoD

Last edited:
They seem to ba awfully slow getting the glass on the east side of teh building. The framing has been in place for a while now but no glass going in, not even on balconies. Are there supply problems or a labour disruption?

The glass is going in at about an average pace, two levels were completed on the east and north sides in the past two weeks.

This thing looks like its getting ready to vaporize Alderaan...wow did I actually just type that?

sWbjaHl.jpg

And before anyone says "oh it looks kind of good in that photo", one word - photoshop.

Oh it looks kind of good in that photo.

That is the buildings better side.
When I walked by today I was getting all hot & bothered by the poor choice of balcony glass again (nice glass, but it clashes) and realized that maybe once people move in, white curtains/blinds will go up that may help match with the shade of colour used on the balconies in the windows. I guess we'll see.

From Pape and Gerrard this morning

ef50QR1.jpg

This thing looks like its getting ready to vaporize Alderaan...wow did I actually just type that?

sWbjaHl.jpg

And before anyone says "oh it looks kind of good in that photo", one word - photoshop.

as with all the other photos, the slither of curtain wall down the south side of Aura (below the curve) would have looked nicer without any balconies at all. It makes alot more sense to me imo, and would have made the curved/two-tone element even more pronounced from the rest of the building.

Aside from that, I'm really liking how the curved portion sits atop the tower. From here on up it really is like watching a whole different building rise.

And where was this taken from?

P1340677.jpg

Attachments

• P1340677.jpg
    P1340677.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:

Back