Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Anyway, if the swirl was still there, you'd think they'd draw a lot more attention to it since it would be the building's defining feature by a longshot. Maybe the renderings are really bad and they decided that the corner view with the podium at the intersection was a more important feature.

Or maybe it was rendered from that angle in order to show the City and review panel the section of the building they felt was either most important or needed the most improvement.

On 3D's post... I fully agree there has seems to be a lot more whining, bitching, and glass-half-full attitudes around the forum the past few months. I'm not so much referring to SNF but there's plenty of examples out there. Perhaps this discussion is best kept in the Forum Issues section though.

I'm not sure the swirl is the buildings defining feature. The developers really seem to be pushing the podium and statement that it is the tallest all-residentail tower in Canada. This could be to highlight the two most significant differences from 1BE where the podium is fairly lame and the roof element is hailed as a defining feature.

Love the avatar. "You've ruined the act, GOB!"

On 3D's post... I fully agree there has seems to be a lot more whining, bitching, and glass-half-full attitudes around the forum the past few months.
Rightfully so, and long overdue imo. This forum is a welcome outlet for those of us who are too lazy to write our councillors to complain bitterly, but now it seems that dissent is becoming less and less welcome here. Come on, we can't all be Caltrane74! :p

Maybe there's been more complaining because there's been more stuff worth complaining about?

I think it's turned a corner, though - there's plenty of projects on the way that should be pleasantly surprising, like Aura, Trump, AGO, MoveOntario, Alsop's FilmThing, etc.

What have you got against a big bright red curvy thing with holes in it and a little blobby thing stuck on the back?

Nobody else has one of those - Nooooooobody!!!

How about a castle?

1_Spadina_Crescent.JPG

Boy, that sign's got a thumb-on-the-lens effect...

There was a report on CFTO news tonight that a line-up has already formed at the Aura sales centre, 2 weeks before it even opens.

Here we go again...

There was a report on CFTO news tonight that a line-up has already formed at the Aura sales centre, 2 weeks before it even opens.

Here we go again...

Seriously? ....very interesting, I hope those people in the line-up are dressed for winter...

not surprisingly they will be the exact same people that lined up for 1BE...

seriously though, glad to hear about any sort of progress on this one as it has been off the radar screen for quite some time.

p.s. - Towered - love your avatar, that show was a real classic!

Back