Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

photosphere is unfortunately only on stock/nexus devices running 4.2(no 4.1)

its pretty awesome, for others pretty much all phones have panorama built in which does similar though photosphere can do 360 and you can make mini planets like this

Tiny-Planet.jpg

It would be cool if this site had interactive embedded polls in the homepage. I would be interested to see what the actual spread of opinions is for this building (at least among ut users). I am starting to think this building is the new "trump" in that a majority of people seem to not like it.

It would be cool if this site had interactive embedded polls in the homepage. I would be interested to see what the actual spread of opinions is for this building (at least among ut users). I am starting to think this building is the new "trump" in that a majority of people seem to not like it.

For me there are a number of reasons I am disappointed by this building, I cannot speak for others.
This building is situated at one of the key corners of our city, at College Park, a significant historic area next to the college park landmark.

It was also the first tall building in our city in a while, and supposed tallest condo in Canada so everyone was on board with the hype.
As a Ryerson Alumni, and a skyscrapper enthusiast, I was particularly excited to see this project approved next to my alma mater.

But when the dust settled with over half of the building completed, took a trip to Ryerson area and stopped by to see it in person, and boy I was disappointed.
With the size and height of this project, at least we should have got something similar in asthectics like the Absolute towers in Mississauga.

Last edited:
In my opinion, people are dissatisfied not because of the architectural style, but because everything looks cheap and poorly finished.

People do notice things like uneven mullion spacing on the first 40 floors, shoddy base treatment and that basement.

Imagine if the entire building was finished like the Legacy at Millenium Park tower in Chicago:

Legacy-at-Millennium-Park-Chicago-Illinois-October-2011-002a.jpg

Last edited:

Back