Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Logical count.

34 floors up - 5 more floors to reach floor 39

7791862840_19fbd4f917_b.jpg

looks as though there has been a pattern of uneven floors since they got above podium level.

Last edited:
I'm starting to see it from my balcony too, it's beginning to rise above The Met/Encore from my POV.

Banks don't kill street life. They are a necessary part of the mix, and they serve plenty of people who walk through the area in addition to serving residents of the area. There are plenty worse alternatives to having a bank branch at street level.

Yeah there are a lot worse than Banks.

What I find very interesting is when condo boards try to block restaurants from setting up, because of the noise and smell, but go for something like a Dry Cleaners instead. Dry Cleaners are quiet and seemingly "clean" but their use of toxic chemicals like perchloroethylenes is quite dangerous for your health. I'd much rather live on top of a restaurant than a dry cleaners.

What I find very interesting is when condo boards try to block restaurants from setting up, because of the noise and smell, but go for something like a Dry Cleaners instead. Dry Cleaners are quiet and seemingly "clean" but their use of toxic chemicals like perchloroethylenes is quite dangerous for your health. I'd much rather live on top of a restaurant than a dry cleaners.

There's also the bed bug problem that comes from people who are infested and bring in their duvets, curtains, suits etc. and then the bugs spread.

Oh, I love your photo.

Yonge Steet may be dirty and grimy, but you can't deny it's the number one street for pedestrian activity. It's looks amazing in that photo.

Aura certaily is looming large but I still can't picture the finished product, at least not the full scale of it. The Yonge stretch between college and bloor is the worst- good for getting tatts and cheap noodles, but no doubt one of the more interesting areas for people watching. The clocktower looks good.. and I'm still holding out hope that some of those nice old facades northward will be restored as well.

Aura Webcam image from tonight

ewHPA.jpg

The views from the upper floors of Aura will probably be the best in the city. Being situated right between Yorkville and the CBD is going to offer quite the panorama, not to mention the fact that these views probably wont be blocked by other development for years (if not decades) to come.

+1, ^
Aura is basically in the centre of the skyline or even the centre of downtown geographically. it'll have completely unobstructed views in all directions, and THE view of the CBD to the south and the emerging Yorkville skyline to the north.

Although in my personal opinion, I'd still take Trump/Shangri-la/Four Seasons over this one, only because the immediate area isn't as pretty to look down at. (counter argument is that you're so high up you can't even see the streets below :p)

Queen West has way more pedestrian activity than Yonge.

I'm trying to find something to like about this project(s). Really I see it perhaps coming to life in about 30 years with tenants' colourful laundry hanging from balconies, tinfoil and various multi cult flags on the windows and perhaps a barrage of tacky commercial signage. Sort of like those photos you see of Hong Kong slums. A vertical Yonge Street really.

In the near future, it will be a mid-range Ryerson dormitory at best; at worst just another missed opportunity.

Thanks Gory+Craptaza.

Last edited:

Back