Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

guys lets not forget that this new tower cladding isn't the full thing. Looking at the renders, there's another type of cladding that will be used on the curved facade and will run up vertically at least the south side. the thin strip that matches up with the curved at the top.
i think the more we see of this cladding, the better it'll look at distinguish both facades.

aura.jpg

It's already clear from renderings/ the lastest photo updates from the construction site, that the curtainwall off the podium will run up the tower and continue up the curved portion at the top of the tower. The main, boxier section of the tower will be window wall which we've seen the first few pieces of.

It's already clear from renderings/ the lastest photo updates from the construction site, that the curtainwall off the podium will run up the tower and continue up the curved portion at the top of the tower. The main, boxier section of the tower will be window wall which we've seen the first few pieces of.

yup. you explained it better than me lol

so PPL, don't panic yet. there's gonna be some nice contrast between the two glasses/sections

Not sure if it was already mentioned but the Tentative occupancy has been pushed back for the third time, to end of January 2013. This is to allow the builder time to construct the approved 3 additional floors.

Has anyone calculated how many floors per week they have been building so far?

Have you seen what this type of cladding looks like 5-10 years later? Look no further than the rusted, dripping-with-grime Waterclub Condos or other recent projects with silver/light-coloured mullions.

I guess I just need to enjoy it while I can, and hopefully it won't look crummy in 10 years. I am worried though, yes, even just with a few pieces of the window-wall up.

Not sure if it was already mentioned but the Tentative occupancy has been pushed back for the third time, to end of January 2013. This is to allow the builder time to construct the approved 3 additional floors.

Good news. :cool:

I also just received letters yesterday. My units have been officially bumped up 3 floors, with new tentative occupancy date of October, 2013 (for executive & PH level).

Crazy to think these were purchased 3-4 years ago. How time flies!

some part of me wishes that the tower was pushed up right to the street, that way, it would contribute to a street canyon like gerard... oh well... i guess there are benefits for not doing so as well

Looks like you'll have contrasting textures of curtain and window wall like on the Hotel Georgia Tower in Vancouver
- but Aura's will have a more subtle difference in colour and much finer grain (more mullions, almost like shoji screens) for the window wall:

Last edited:
The Rosewood Hotel Georgia is the historic 12s building on the corner of Howe Street and West Georgia Street, as the above image is the Private Residences Tower (48s) and the only connection is the shared amenties on the fourth level.

Good news. :cool:

I also just received letters yesterday. My units have been officially bumped up 3 floors, with new tentative occupancy date of October, 2013 (for executive & PH level).

Crazy to think these were purchased 3-4 years ago. How time flies!

i feel sorry for the guys who bought just below where the 3 floors were added. they must be feeling really badly they didn't buy another floor up!

i feel sorry for the guys who bought just below where the 3 floors were added. they must be feeling really badly they didn't buy another floor up!

I feel sorry the guys who bought the 3 added floors for over $700 psf. That's the price you pay for a piece of the pie in the sky!

Back