Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I believe the different income groups buying into the WIDE price range units of Aura would live happily together, given there are in fact 3 separate sets of elevators servicing the different segments of the tower (which represent different unit price ranges):

1. Lower Suites: floors 5 to 31
  2. Upper Suites: floors 32 to 55
  3. Executive + Penthouses: floors 56 to 75

^ agreed. This will be a good example of tower that truly houses a mixture of economic types. On a more practical level, what's most important is not necessarily the future resident's economic status, but their general sense of good upkeep and pride of ownership, which I hope will be consistent across the board.

No one wants to share a badly maintained recreation room.

My American partner always found 'Chinese Canadian' cuisine to be amusing.

Your partner needs to get out more. Sounds like someone watches too much Jon Stewart har har har slap-that-knee ain't Canada funny..etc.
Chinese culture in this country runs wider and deeper than anywhere in the States outside San Francisco.
Most Americans I know including my partner who comes from DC find the Asian presence in Canada striking and visible the moment they step off the airplane.
Chinese-Canadian makes more sense than Chinese-American..what is that...
big mac foo yung?

I don't think you should compare Aura w/ Ritz & 1Bloor so much in this regard because the sq/ftge Price for AURA is much lower so its a give and take situation.

how do you guys think the retail space and connection to the PATH will impact the type of purchasers for Aura? More specifically the high-income bracket purchasers. Will Aura be less desirable due to the fact that the retail space is littered with small (pacific mall-esque) stores? And will access to the PATH in addition to the retail space make the building too busy and crowded?

How would purchasers feel about spending over millions of dollars for a luxury penthouse suite knowing that they will be sharing their building with hundreds of random torontonians that come in and out each day? are penthouse units in Aura less desirable than 1Bloor or The Ritz (for example)?

Thoughts or opinions?

I don't think you should compare Aura w/ Ritz & 1Bloor so much in this regard because the sq/ftge Price for AURA is much lower so its a give and take situation.

The interesting thing is that, just because Ritz and 1 Bloor are asking more per sqft (almost double in some cases), it doesn't necessarily mean they're "worth" more. For example, when/if all three buildings get built, I don't think the resale values for Aura's top 5 floors (asking price $1,000/sqft) will differ much from the Ritz (asking price $1,500/sqft) or 1 Bloor (asking price $2,000/sqft).

There's a lot of hype built into the price of 1 Bloor in particular. This strategy may have yielded higher selling prices last year, however this year, nothing will sell.

The Aura development has never been greedy and has always had "fair" pricing. Fortunately, this strategy will now result in a building being built and many satisfied customers. :)

3 Units Radio City

We snuck up to that 3 or 4 unit suite in Radio City while it was still under construction. The partition walls were being framed, and I have to say the unit layout - and the views especially - were spectacular. But I couldn't live on such a high floor!

That was Gino Empry's unit. He passed just over a year ago (Tony Bennet's manager) - yk

Aura College Park

I believe the different income groups buying into the WIDE price range units of Aura would live happily together, given there are in fact 3 separate sets of elevators servicing the different segments of the tower (which represent different unit price ranges):

1. Lower Suites: floors 5 to 31
  2. Upper Suites: floors 32 to 55
  3. Executive + Penthouses: floors 56 to 75

1 - will price differentiation stay once the building is registered?*

2 - most lower and uppers are sold out, according to the sales staff the building is 93% sold.

*once on the market, unit prices may not reflect developer's understanding/marketing as traded just like any other unit.

The price difference between lower floor and upper floor may not be so high (say upper bought a bit early and lower a bit late - think about it)

I'll see if there is a Real Estate thread speaking of values of before and after registration - please post a link if you know, thx yk

1 - will price differentiation stay once the building is registered?*

2 - most lower and uppers are sold out, according to the sales staff the building is 93% sold.

*once on the market, unit prices may not reflect developer's understanding/marketing as traded just like any other unit.

The price difference between lower floor and upper floor may not be so high (say upper bought a bit early and lower a bit late - think about it)

I'll see if there is a Real Estate thread speaking of values of before and after registration - please post a link if you know, thx yk

the price difference is not terribly large between the lower/upper/penthouse units, comparing to other projects. the increase in price reflects the higher quality of finishes, the larger floorplans, the higher floors, higher ceilings. these criteria are the same for all condos. aside from this, i think the rationale for separating the condo into lower and upper corporations was for ease of building management.

the owners of CP1+2 should have seen a huge rise in value buying preconstruction. the resale value of the unit was remarkably higher after registration. i would imagine that aura should see some increase in value post-registration. but given the current economy and market, it really is just speculation. unfortunately i don't have numbers to post. but i think they should be easily found around the net, if not in UT forums.

has anyone heard about this building potentially being 85 stories? this is what an realtor was telling me. does anyone know if this is true?

btw, does the CP3 Sales office have parking? or do they reimburse parking ticket at their sales office??

Sales Office Parking Available?

I recommend calling the Aura Presentation Centre to find out ~ :)

Fully Furnished Executive Suites Promotion Offer

Until April 30, 2009 - Special offer for free furniture package (retail value of $10,000) to be included in your suite if you purchase the 1N+D, 1M+D, or 2A3 unit in the Executives collection (floor 56 to 71), including:

• dining table + 4 dining chairs
  • 2 barstools
  • sofa
  • coffee table + 2 end tables
  • TV console
  • desk + chair
  • queen size bed frame + headboard
  • 2 bedroom night stands

Source: Aura's website @ http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/pdf/promo/Aura_Exec_Furni_Feb11_09.pdf

has anyone heard about this building potentially being 85 stories? this is what an realtor was telling me. does anyone know if this is true?

My first thought was that this was an April Fools joke, but it is true that the possibility has been left open for an additional 10 floors above the current 75 floors. Given current market conditions, the additional floors seem unlikely right now, but I believe that the building will be engineered to handle the additional floors regardless, so that a final decision will not need to be made until construction has reached the first of the penthouse-type floors. That will not happen for years yet, so hopefully the market will have recovered sufficiently to have the ten additional floors worth of units be absorbable.

My first thought was that this was an April Fools joke, but it is true that the possibility has been left open for an additional 10 floors above the current 75 floors. Given current market conditions, the additional floors seem unlikely right now, but I believe that the building will be engineered to handle the additional floors regardless, so that a final decision will not need to be made until construction has reached the first of the penthouse-type floors. That will not happen for years yet, so hopefully the market will have recovered sufficiently to have the ten additional floors worth of units be absorbable.

Can they really make the decisions that late? And if they do, what happens to the people who bought on the old top floors? Do they get bumped up 10 floors?

Back