Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

Seriously surprised by how Sears even managed to survive for so long. They easily have the most unfashionable clothing collection of all major department stores. Visiting the Bay afterwards makes me realize how many light years ahead they are compared to Sears.

2013-07-11+17.16.50.jpg

2013-07-11+17.16.59.jpg

Those notice boards regularly have speeling misteaks.

Aren't those development notice boards payed for by the City (aka tax dollars)? If so, the cheaper and crappier, the better - at least on my dollar.

Didn't the condo across the street stop them from expanding vertically due to some ancient contract? Am I mistaking this with something else?

Didn't the condo across the street stop them from expanding vertically due to some ancient contract? Am I mistaking this with something else?

Did you say ancient? well.... that says it all ..... there used to be a time when 40 floor condominium proposal invited bitter Nimbys all around Toronto, now they are fighting 60 floors and up so get on with reality.

Aren't those development notice boards payed for by the City (aka tax dollars)? If so, the cheaper and crappier, the better - at least on my dollar.

Better signs increase awareness of proposed developments. People are more likely to pay attention to these signs if they're more than just black text on a white background. Just adding the drawing of what's proposed has been helpful in this regard. A more informed citizenry is better in terms of preventing low-quality development.

Back