Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

And on the heels of my comment this one is the subject of an Appeals Report to the next meeting of TEYCC:

In the above report, the City royally shreds this one on any number of levels.

Including:

1710946656623.png

@ProjectEnd can perhaps explain if Kingsett has lost its mind, since the MZO on height is appealable, the as-is proposal is pretty much D.O.A. w/o revisions.

But while that's the most serious comment the City is otherwise unimpressed with Kingsett here.

Among the City's other issues:

1710946790922.png

1710946831373.png

Also:

Loading needs revision

Servicing needs revision

And the applicant has yet to show plans for the TTC Second Exit from Dundas Station despite that being identified as a priority - Of note, The City expropriated at College Park after losing patience with GWL. Kingsett should pay attention.

Last edited:
Well I guess it's time to say this HPA (who I adore) design is stupid anyway... except for the nice material palette.

They can come up with a shorter building design that incorporates the signage footprint as well... along with some kind of brilliant alternative/replacement signage solution to appease the sign stakeholders/owners. I love me a cantilever but c'mon... it's a sign tower not a Gustave Eiffel.

The engineering and construction cost savings (no cantilever) alone could easily cover lost revenue from no blinking LEDs during the build.🫣

Last edited:
The owners of the sign tower are probably happy with their lease arrangement and have no interest in becoming part of a larger residential construct.

Gustave Eiffel was a handsome man but, a man over a Statue like Liberty or a tower bearing his namesake.

Back