Toronto Art Condos | ?m | 11s | Triangle West | Oleson Worland

9 January 2010 photo update

Sad to see this old building go:

dsc02590s.jpg

^Looked rather pathetic. But the "f&f" is main reason why I will NEVER buy a condo--they get to make the most money, get the best suites etc. My brother lives in such a building, and those f&f ppl are on the board, are very annoying etc.

Only if I decide to build my own condo building would I consider condo ownership.

According to Art Condo's [map] Twitter page (HERE)'s they just launched a cool and fun blog... Not your traditional builder's blog, but a unique look at the neighbourhood, art scene, and some other cool stuff. It will be interesting to see where they take this blog.

Check it HERE.

Layouts are up and except for the 4 largest 2b+dens, they're pretty bad with lots of wasted space. Really too bad as I like this project from the exterior. Even the amenities look good. Sucks.

Layouts are up and except for the 4 largest 2b+dens, they're pretty bad with lots of wasted space. Really too bad as I like this project from the exterior. Even the amenities look good. Sucks.

I have to agree. Very disappointing layouts. The dreaded 'bowling alley' long, skinny plans with a window at the far end, and long hallways all down the units eating up the precious sq footage (sold in every plan as 'gallery walls!'). The bedrooms are only 7' wide, and they show the bed touching walls at either end. You would have to crawl over the bed to get from one side to the other. Even some of the large 2 bedroom +den units have annoying flaws, like a living room that has a door on almost every wall so there's no where to place furniture against walls, and it acts more like a traffic intersection than a living room. It's too bad because its an interesting location and it does indeed look decent from the outside.

I put a deposit down on a 2BR+D here today. While reading through the warning clauses in the sales agreement--after I signed it of course--I noticed a clause about GO trains. It was the only clause of about 20 that was preceded by an all-caps "WARNING:", and it was buried in the middle of the page. I know the development is near the tracks, but I'm on the northeast corner of a higher floor. Does anyone have a guess of how big an issue this will be? I walked around a bit this weekend and earlier today and didn't notice anything, but I know it's slated for expansion. Any input would be appreciated.

It's not just GO trains, but also the Pearson-Union link that is an issue. Currently 40 trains/day, by 2015 the expectation is to be 400. All diesel. All loud. At least you're in a better location than 2 Gladstone. Poor folks.

Thanks, I didn't know about that little project (new kid in town). Reminds me of the extension to Kennedy in New York. Business travelers take a car service anyway and leisure travelers have too many kids and suitcases to fool with it. There will be lots of empty seats. Not sure if it changes my mind about Art. The unit was well-priced with a mammoth terrace and additional balcony. Maybe I got a diesel fumes discount.

I put a deposit down on a 2BR+D here today. While reading through the warning clauses in the sales agreement--after I signed it of course--I noticed a clause about GO trains. It was the only clause of about 20 that was preceded by an all-caps "WARNING:", and it was buried in the middle of the page. I know the development is near the tracks, but I'm on the northeast corner of a higher floor. Does anyone have a guess of how big an issue this will be? I walked around a bit this weekend and earlier today and didn't notice anything, but I know it's slated for expansion. Any input would be appreciated.
My building backs onto two rail mainlines. There aren't 400 trains a day or anything, but there are freight and VIA trains going by every 20 minutes or so. Freights are much louder than passenger trains, which would be the bulk of traffic going downtown. You barely notice after a while.

Last edited:
For some of these "experts" it's not all about dollars and cents and how large their flipping portfolio is. Some of these "experts" prefer to write about such mundane, city-building things these condos introduce like architecture, diversity in land uses, streetscape presence, urban design. You know, items that affet more than just the purchasers of these buildings.

Back