Toronto Aquabella at Bayside | 50.9m | 14s | Tridel | 3XN

Coming to General Govt Committee next week: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2022/gl/bgrd/backgroundfile-227620.pdf

Summary
The purpose of this report is to obtain City Council authority for the City, as landlord, to enter into a nominal lease agreement (the "Lease") in respect of 75 Edgewater Drive, (the "Leased Premises") with a not-for-profit child care centre operator (the "Tenant") to be selected by the General Manager, Children's Services, pursuant to an Expression of Interest process currently being conducted by the Children's Services. The Leased Premises are a two-level stratified, City-owned space, consisting of approximately 8,912 square feet of interior space and 3,900 square feet of outdoor space, situated within a mixed-use residential complex in the newly developed East Bayfront precinct. The Lease will be for an initial term of 10 years (the "Term"), with an option to renew for an additional term of 10 years.

Property Details The Leased Premises have been constructed and fit-out as a child care centre in accordance with the standards set out by Toronto Public Health and the Ministry of Education, all at no cost to the City. The Leased Premises contains space for 62 children: 10 infants, 20 toddlers and 32 preschoolers. The Leased Premises is located on two connected floors. Each of the four playrooms feature natural lighting and views to the outdoors. The main office overlooks a roomy lobby and secured front entrance. Amenity spaces include a meeting rooms, laundry room, barrier-free washrooms, stroller storage for parents and staff, a kitchen with adult and child-height countertops, staff rooms and additional meeting rooms and programming spaces. Staff and children will enter into a unique group of outdoor playground spaces designed for infant, toddler and preschool activities. The three playgrounds on the terrace are covered with a high ceiling and light penetrates from three sides through the Plexiglas protective guards. Water access, sand play and storage areas are available on each playground and child, age-appropriate structures are also included. The playground also has a dedicated washroom.​

Public realm starting to shine in the summer months. Toddler loves the planters.

C5FE9DA0-6EAF-4E00-8A26-5D1E9436C1BC.jpeg

189B1D9B-F71F-43CB-80D6-CA5DDCFC01B1.jpeg

Looking at that last pic of Skycandy, it might have been a better idea if the T3 Bayside building had the staggered cladding design climb from east to west instead of west to east as the western half of the south face is more visible with the Aitken Park being there.

Last edited:
Can't say I like the residential townhouses at grade, especially facing onto a waterfront park. Are they live-work units at least?

I think they could have been clad in another contrasting material, rather than the plasticky striping that pervades the building (wasn't it supposed to be wood?).

Last edited:
Can't say I like the residential townhouses at grade, especially facing onto a waterfront park. Are they live-work units at least?

I think they could have been clad in another contrasting material, rather than the plasticky striping that pervades the building (wasn't it supposed to be wood?).
They are two-storey townhomes, that's all. The panelling with the wood-look is GFRC, or Glass Fibre Reinforced Concrete, which has always been the plan.

I think that's Simona, it was mentioned that it was Simona! It's a beer/pub place? I walked by last week and recall chuckling at their "opening 2023-09" sign. But it'll be great to see them open - definitely needs more options and competition for food/beverages down there.

Back