Toronto Aquabella at Bayside | 50.9m | 14s | Tridel | 3XN

34F055EF-77D9-49CD-95F4-5F8B837BE041.jpeg

silly question, but can anyone tell me exactly how many floors they have so far? I get confused when I see the first level split into two heights.

silly question, but can anyone tell me exactly how many floors they have so far? I get confused when I see the first level split into two heights.
Not a silly question. That double-height section of the first floor on the west side is considered the first floor mezzanine, so it doesn't count against the total floor count. The City allows this whenever a floor takes up less that half of the floor plate of a full floor.

Sunday.

DSC_0290.JPG
DSC_0291.JPG
DSC_0292.JPG
DSC_0293.JPG
DSC_0294.JPG
DSC_0295.JPG
DSC_0296.JPG
DSC_0299.JPG
DSC_0300.JPG
DSC_0302.JPG
DSC_0303.JPG

Three observations:

1 - Using the beige cladding and mullions were a big mistake. Should've gone for darker like the renderings. The balconies and neat massing may save this though. Too early to judge IMO.

2 - This area is a deadzone. Every time I have visited there are hardly any people out. And Sunday was a lovely warm day! There should be more people with all the units built down here.

3 - Seemingly none of the retail has been leased out. This is probably both because of and contributing to observation #2. Kind of a disappointment.

retail needs a critical mass to survive, and unfortunately it's not here yet. The existing 3 buildings occupied really isn't all that many people in the grand scheme of things. Once Daniels Waterfront opens the population should increase a good bit, but I think we will still be waiting a few years for that critical mass to come until Greenland's project is done.

Back