Toronto Aga Khan Museum + Ismaili Centre | ?m | ?s | Aga Khan Dev. | Maki and Associates

I agree. If the only purpose is to visit this thread to complain about a building that has been demolished, please start another thread to do that. The Ismaili Centre looks like it will be a wonderful cultural asset for the city.

I agree. If the only purpose is to visit this thread to complain about a building that has been demolished, please start another thread to do that. The Ismaili Centre looks like it will be a wonderful cultural asset for the city.

The complaints are motivated more by the fact that nothing is being built in place of Bata. A messenger comes and tells us that Godot is coming and the once bare tree might have some sparse leaves, but it's unclear when the Centre will be built.

Love the Godot reference. I was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago while checking this exceedingly pointless thread.

Estragon peers out into the audience and comments on the bleakness of his surroundings. He wants to depart but is told that they cannot because they must wait for Godot.

I still think Godot will, someday, show up.

I was under the impression some more prep work started a week ago or so. I'd suspect a lot of earth will need to be moved around given the size of the project / parking.

I was under the impression some more prep work started a week ago or so. I'd suspect a lot of earth will need to be moved around given the size of the project / parking.

Definitely. I noticed that some prep work had begun when we drove by the site a few days ago...

I drove by the site this morning and can also confirm that there was some heavy equipment on site (though not in use). There was a crew on site erecting new fencing around the entire area and it looks like some work has begun as a fair bit of earth has been levelled and/or moved.

Without a doubt the Centre, Museum and gardens will add more to the city.

Groundbreaking is to take place on Friday, May 28.

Thanks for the news Hari - and glad to know work has begun. I guess some Godots will never arrive, but this one will. LOL!

Curious if there are any details of the temporary structure going up. Should be seeing some elements within the next week or so I'd think.

May 12:
4602732596_118cec547d_b.jpg

May 16:
4613208978_c026f1e673_b.jpg

See:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/greenlandjk/sets/72157623909532465/

tents have gone up quickly.....pic by aswalli at SSC......

4619647598_3e54dcbd94.jpg

Back