Toronto Aga Khan Museum + Ismaili Centre | ?m | ?s | Aga Khan Dev. | Maki and Associates

I should be up that way Sunday evening....if nobody has beaten me to it I'll do my best to snap some pictures.

I was shooting in the area today so I stopped by the site. If you do go out on Sunday professor the best place to shoot from is the 'grassy knoll' on Wynford near Gervais.

ak1.jpg

ak2.jpg

ak3.jpg

ak4.jpg

ak5.jpg

Of course, so that's what those cranes are for. I take the DVP south from Eglinton everyday, and because the site's up on a hill, all I can see is two cranes looming over the ramp. I'm looking forward to seeing this materialize.

Thank God for the suburbs and their wide open spaces. Imagine trying to assemble the land downtown for a generously-scaled cultural centre such as this.

Yes, it's a hard site to photograph because of the massive size, general inaccessibility and covered fencing. If you know someone in Accolade (the blue building), they would have ringside seats. Pictures #1 & 3 are facing northeast from Eglinton and the rest are southeast from Wynford.

I can't wait for this to open. It'll be great to have access to a museum of Islamic art right in your backyard.

This should be quite a dazzling jewel in Toronto's cultural crown when complete.

Yes, this should be quite something -- too bad it's not downtown, however, having said that, this part of town is slowly evolving into a destination on its own - obviously with the Science Centre nearby, the Shops at Don Mills up the road and now the Aga Khan museum. All of which will help spur further growth and diversification in the area.

this part of town is slowly evolving into a destination on its own - obviously with the Science Centre nearby, the Shops at Don Mills up the road and now the Aga Khan museum. All of which will help spur further growth and diversification in the area.

The other thing that will help immensely will be the new LRT lines. Eglinton Crosstown LRT most importantly, but also Don Mills LRT in the future.
http://www.toronto.ca/involved/projects/eglinton_crosstown_lrt/index.htm

Drove by again on Sunday afternoon and a fourth crane is now up. They have done a considerable amount of work since they got started, with what appear to be concrete pillars for parking already poured in many places. This project took a while to get going but now that it has it's moving very quickly.

Back