Toronto Aga Khan Museum + Ismaili Centre | ?m | ?s | Aga Khan Dev. | Maki and Associates

A non-construction but significant tangential item relating to this project ...

Michael Brand, former director of the Getty Museum in Los Angeles, has been recruited to lead the Aga Khan Museum when it opens in 2013. Those in the arts world will know the huge significant of this!

Reference: ArtInfo

Sun rise over the construction - time lapse video from August 25, 2010 (credit Jim Bowie via YouTube):

[video=youtube;GMj1riYCMlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMj1riYCMlc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning re: the above. The sound track will cause brain damage.

don mills is a very quiet community, i haven't seen a single muslim living around there. i think toronto chose to build the museum in the wrong place, because don mills is not a islamic community at all.
save the money to educate those young muslim to be canadian culture oriented individuals, instead of building this musee.

my 2 cents.

don mills is a very quiet community, i haven't seen a single muslim living around there. i think toronto chose to build the museum in the wrong place, because don mills is not a islamic community at all.
save the money to educate those young muslim to be canadian culture oriented individuals, instead of building this musee.

my 2 cents.

Well it actually wasn't Toronto that chose in this case.

Also, there are quite a few islamic living in the area - particularly a little bit west in south Leaside.

I'd also argue this will serve more then just 'islamic' - it is after all a museum as well

Thorncliffe says what's up. There's also a huge Muslim community centre/mosque right across the DVP on Wynford.

my 2 cents.

LOL, trust me you don't have to worry about us not being "Canadian" enough. Go check out a Muslim ball hockey league on a weekend sometime, if you can find space for parking. The world is a lot more complicated than newspaper headlines.

Last edited:

my 2 cents.

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Miscellaneous/ltmi_034.mp3

Oh: and evidently, you wouldn't know the Aga Khan from some Baba Rum Raisin type. Methinks that money should be earmarked for your own cultural education, dear philistine bigot...

Last edited:

my 2 cents.

Well, times are-a changin'. :/

my 2 cents.

Geddout into that sweet world'n buy yourself a brain, kiddo.

Back