Toronto Aga Khan Museum + Ismaili Centre | ?m | ?s | Aga Khan Dev. | Maki and Associates

here it is

[video=youtube;Lt_MX7RwKQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt_MX7RwKQA[/video]

There has been plenty of activity on the site. They are now working on the museum's second floor.

Would love to see some new photos. Anyone with a camera pass by this location during a regular commute? I'm also quite curious about the cultural centre part, as most of the pictures from the near by condos only really show the museum.

The concrete forms for the museum's upper levels are rising at amazing angles!

The concrete forms for the museum's upper levels are rising at amazing angles!

Photos please!!!

I'm actually really curious of how the upper level angles in the museum interact with the glass dome angles in the centre. I think there are many subtleties of the designs that will one come out clearly once the project is completed.

It's actually starting to look like something from the DVP, but the shapes are so irregular that I still can't figure out what's interior and what's exterior, or how any of it relates to each other. Definitely curious to see the final product

pics from today, taken from Wynford Drive - there is an angled wall which faces the DVP, unfortunately could not capture from where I was....

5565668670_59a06b23bf_b.jpg

5565668102_ae08c4541f_b.jpg

5565089753_aae64f46b8_b.jpg

^^^ Thank-you for the update YYZER! I'm having difficulty placing the first picture in particular. Is that the cultural centre side?

no idea walli, it's from the eastern-most end of the project, taken from Wynford Dr....actually so is the 3rd pic.....the 2nd picture is at the west end of the project...

Okay thanks. The museum is on the Eastern end (by the DVP) and the cultural centre is on the Western end - so likely the second picture.

I don't currently have a camera but someone really should try and take some shots of the formwork that is currently rising for the museum's upper level. It really is amazing.

I don't currently have a camera but someone really should try and take some shots of the formwork that is currently rising for the museum's upper level. It really is amazing.

How are they dealing with the loads angled walls clad in stone bring? Are they anchored at their angles through the first floor, down through the parking and into the foundation, or are they being 'held in' by trusses on the roof? I agree, photos would be very nice to see.

Well - it is May now, and the story was that the start of getting the roof elements of the cultural centre may begin some time in May. Any hint of that? Has anyone been able to get pics lately of the Museum angled walls, as well as roof prep on the ismaili centre side?

Well - it is May now, and the story was that the start of getting the roof elements of the cultural centre may begin some time in May. Any hint of that? Has anyone been able to get pics lately of the Museum angled walls, as well as roof prep on the ismaili centre side?

The glass and steel roof is indeed starting to rise. Would someone please make the trek and post some pictures. I guarantee it will be worth the visit.

Back