Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I agree they really have an oppurtunity to bring out the shape of these buildings with the glass,especially where the balcomies curve the most.

Is there a thread with more information on the rec centre for this building? I took a quick gander this past summer and the facilities were not that impressive. The indoor running track would probably take 3 seconds to run around, and the gymnasium is quite tiny with only 1 basketball net. The cardio area only had a few machines, I didn't get to see the weight room. Maybe it's not fully completed?

I bought a 2 br on the 39th floor facing SW on opening day for building 4. I haven't really been keeping up to date on the building. My Realtor mentioned to me today that the projected date of June/July would not be reached, nor would it be ready this year. That doesn't really bother me however.

The design is coming along nicely though. I can't imagine it being easy for the builders with every floor being staggered and different. Better they take their time and do it right. I heard they've had problems in the other building(s) with plumbing and a few other issues from a friend's sister who lives there.

Last edited:
At level 6 and 31 March 02

First treat out of 3
[video=youtube;4Srr-yTYoxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Srr-yTYoxU[/video]

Here the photo tour showing the towers from all kinds of views. Treat #2
[video=youtube;PXNhfswda3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXNhfswda3s[/video]

Great updates !

Excellent footage...... these buildings are coming along greatly. The higher the building gets the better it looks. Can't wait to see the final phase also climb along its female counter part !

Is there a thread with more information on the rec centre for this building? I took a quick gander this past summer and the facilities were not that impressive. The indoor running track would probably take 3 seconds to run around, and the gymnasium is quite tiny with only 1 basketball net. The cardio area only had a few machines, I didn't get to see the weight room. Maybe it's not fully completed?

I bought a 2 br on the 39th floor facing SW on opening day for building 4. I haven't really been keeping up to date on the building. My Realtor mentioned to me today that the projected date of June/July would not be reached, nor would it be ready this year. That doesn't really bother me however.

The design is coming along nicely though. I can't imagine it being easy for the builders with every floor being staggered and different. Better they take their time and do it right. I heard they've had problems in the other building(s) with plumbing and a few other issues from a friend's sister who lives there.

Do some research, this is one of the best amenities facilities in Toronto and the GTA.

Absoluteworld today...they are just at the floors where the twist occurs most...

4415878072_38c3fe6b02_b.jpg

4415898418_9653f4e5a5_b.jpg

glazing is quite reflective....

4415908370_7a5d4c6c24_b.jpg

4415908634_a92c2cb7e0_b.jpg

4415908098_a3bb5de6b6_b.jpg

Last edited:
couple more shots..........looks completely different depending on which direction you are looking at...

4415916040_e6b66bfc79_b.jpg

4415899654_2817fd6005_b.jpg

Your photos demonstrate how different it looks from different angles very well. Great shots :)

What's the hold-up on the balcony glass? Or is this part of it supposed to be a surprise?

couldn't stop taking pics of Absoluteworld today :D ....here's one final one of Absoluteworld tower 2, currently working on columns for the 6th floor........

4415148327_947877183d_b.jpg

^It's interesting to see how they've refined the self-rising forms and protection wall--note how they're angled, rather than vertical like on phase one. I think this will speed things along. This building would've looked spectacular on the 1 Bloor site, without the podium of course. When these are finished, I'll have only two reasons to visit Mississauga.

Looks like tower 1 is on the 32nd floor. 26 more to go! Great shots yyzer!

Does anyone know whether the first floor is actually two floors?

Back