Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Re: Architects from 70 Countries bidding for Absolute Projec

The push is simply due to the fact that Mississauga is a maturing suburb. There is no more greenfield space to develop and development pressures still exist. Therefore the only options are the more large scale intensification projects in MCC or the many smaller townhouse, semis or even singles in leftover lots of established areas. There are all sorts of little infill projects in many areas of Mississauga that are not really looked at by this forum (same goes for many areas of T.O.)

^ That explains the need for increased density but not necessarily the desire to create more pedestrian-friendly spaces, street-level retail, etc.

It's not just Mississauga that is pushing for more pedstrian friendly spaces and retail etc. This is happening all over the GTA, Canada and North America.

Hopefully MCC over time can accomplish some of the goals that have been set out.

Absoluteworld - Construction Thread

Just received this in my email:

absemailer051606.JPG

Man, if it really ends up looking like that, it really will be a landmark.

Marilyn looks a bit bony and anorexic. Maybe the fame is getting to her.

Interesting that the floor count is now 56.

Also notice the rendering includes a 5th tower that looks basically the same as the first 3.

Nice that there's continuity between the old and new towers - in the horizontal balconies.

Also notice the rendering includs a 5th tower that looks basically the same as the first 3.

Except that the first 3 are not the same as each other. The third tower is actually completely round shape and considerably taller the first two at 38 storeys, compared with 29 and 31 storeys. The third tower is shown in that picture with its old design and the fifth tower will probably (and hopefully) be changed too.

Marilyn looks a bit bony and anorexic. Maybe the fame is getting to her.

Must be Bobby's fault. Or Jack's.

Nice that there's continuity between the old and new towers - in the horizontal balconies.

Also, vertical balconies are hard to bbq on.

^

Great post. Reminds me why its nice to have andreapalladio around.

After updating my 400+ foot list, I now realize just how huge this tower has become.
Here's the top 10 residential towers in the GTA:

1 Bloor East - 718 ft. 60 floors - PROPOSED
Signature Tower [CityPlace] - 714 ft. 69 floors - PROPOSED
College Park Tower III [RoCP] - HEIGHT NEEDED ~70 floors - PROPOSED
City Centre Tower [Hummingbird Centre] - 619 ft. 50 floors - PROPOSED
Pinnacle Building D [Pinnacle Centre] - HEIGHT NEEDED - 59 floors - PROPOSED
AbsoluteWorld [Absolute Condominiums] - HEIGHT NEEDED - 56 floors - PROPOSED
MLSE Tower I [MLSE Complex] - 558 ft. 53 floors - IN SALES
44 Charles Street West [Manulife Centre] - 545 ft. 51 floors - BUILT
MLSE Tower II [MLSE Complex] - 529 ft. 49 floors - IN SALES
Quantum II [Minto Midtown] - 525 ft. 52 floors - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Back