Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

But in Toronto, about 5% of condos are owned by foreign investment according to the many stats that come out. We're not a Vancouver. Foreign investment is low here. Most of the investment money is National

It won't be until the condo act changes and/or additional governance comes out to provide better structure in this market. My last condo I did my PDI in - I walked in with holes in the wall, unfinished shower tiles, a broken toilet etc. But Daniel's does have its stuff together. I walked into that purchase move-in ready.
Had the same horrible experience with INDX with CentreCourt Developments and Lifetime Developments. It's been almost 3 months since PDI, and finally things are getting better. Still can't do anything regarding the deviation from the plan.

88 Scott finishes off the view corridor down Front East magnificently. Hopefully a view corridor north of Queen's Park will one day get built.

That view corridor is nowhere near finished.

What a tremendous shot, particularly including the new fountain which will be a real treat to see in action. The more I get to know this neighbourhood the more appreciation I have for the evolution of Toronto from a historical perspective. Having grown up in Etobicoke when everything was brand new, the oldest part of my world were the trees. And the school janitor.

Hoarding around the glass office component is down. Looks good!

From today:

IMG_3222.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3222.JPG
    IMG_3222.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 415
  • IMG_3223.JPG
    IMG_3223.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 434
Trees? Sidewalk widening? The renderings show those things, but I wonder how far off in the future they are: they've certainly not been accommodated in the recently formed sidewalk.

Trees? Sidewalk widening? The renderings show those things, but I wonder how far off in the future they are: they've certainly not been accommodated in the recently formed sidewalk.

I remember reading about it in the 88 Scott development proposal as well. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate city document or not but I believe there is some info about it here.

Last edited:

The City and the BIA have agreed to the proposal, as I understand, to significantly widen the sidewalk on the north side of Wellington from Church to Yonge, including a layby between Church and Leader Lane. The left turn lane from Front to Church will disappear in favour of a widening of the entire sidewalk that surrounds the east point of the Flatiron building. Front Street lanes will be realigned as part of this to eliminate the right hand turn lane at Church. The existing streetcar tracks in the stretch will be removed and only the north one will be replaced. All part of road and service upgrades for watermains and such.

Last edited:
I remember reading about in the 88 Scott development proposal as well. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate city document or not but I believe there is some info about it here.
Thank you very much for the link—great to see that this is funded for construction this year!

IMG_4051.JPG
IMG_4086.JPG
IMG_4056.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4051.JPG
    IMG_4051.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_4086.JPG
    IMG_4086.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_4056.JPG
    IMG_4056.JPG