Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

I'm frankly not the least interested in this fools childish opinions and BS justifications for B&E. I'd bet a vente latte he'd feel the same finding someone wandering around his mommy's back yard in the middle of the night, camera in hand.

I am interested, however, in when Concert will finally finish topping off 88 Scott, and to learn of their next steps.

The chiller was sitting on Scott Street on Friday morning, waiting to go up.

From today. Tried to capture it from a few angles we haven't seen in a while (along with the "regular" ones it's hard to pass up on).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 337
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 357
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 344
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 323
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 367
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 349
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 331
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 309
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 343
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 314
I wonder if there's any chance this will be more iconic than TenYork.

Especially since it's visible from St. Lawrence area, practically the main structure from Berczy park, and book-ends the FiDi from the east end.

Last edited:
Oddly, it already is beginning to look like it's been there a long time and by that I mean to say it seems to just fit naturally in the neighbourhood. But I suppose that's perhaps what they were striving for with the design. Reminds me of something I'd see in Chicago or NYC or San Fran.

It's a first-rate second-rate building. In other words, it does second-rate very well.

I agree with this.

It's quite nice, but not something you'd see on tourism photos. It's something that fits effortlessly into the fabric of the neighbourhood, and neither offends nor impresses. This may be a bad thing to some people, but to me...this is the definition of timeless. Can a building be a bit more handsome and still be timeless, sure. (ie. Willis Tower or the Empire State building.) But I'll settle for 88 Scott simply being timeless.

Quite pleased with it as well. I had hoped that Uptown turned out like this. I would like to see more buildings like this one.

Last edited:

Back