Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

The podiums really make this proposal. However I do wish they would build the third phase at the same time. Will that be rental as well or condo?
They list it as phase "2a" and "2b", and have both site plan applications filed at the same time. If they aren't both built at the same time, I imagine they will be in quick succession..

We need @3Dementia 's vintage fountain right here ;)

The podiums look like they have a lot of potential! And rentals would be good. Not huge on the towers.

Renderings look good. I prefer these over the rezoning ones. We'll have to wait and see if they live up to the renderings.

Rentals vs condos. They will be priced at the higher end in either case.

As with others here, I feel the need to single out the podiums for praise. More interesting, and warmer than many we see at this forum. The towers are less interesting though not bad.

I do have some marginal concern w/retail set back under canopy in terms of how that's handled. It can be done well; but it often isn't. But I'll put a hopeful face on that here.

Whoa. St Thomas Sold. This is very different - given that it's Fitzrovia, I'm guessing it's rental?
Yup, 558 rental units. 28 and 27 storeys.
It appears that Fitzrovia is being brought in as a partner on the 27 and 28 floor rental buildings in the middle of the site, but that St Thomas is retaining full ownership of the the 51-storey development… so we should see condo marketing for it getting going soon, and then theoretically both phases 2a and 2b could proceed be built concurrently, combining new condo units with new rental ones, and allowing the commercial leasing program to go ahead as a unified, "curated" package.

BTW, the hotel from the previous version is gone, replaced by the office space, and there's no more second floor retail or restaurant space, but Claude Cormier is still designing the public realm. I'll have some more renderings for you soon, BTW…

Back