Toronto 707 Lofts | ?m | 5s | Enirox Group | TACT Architecture

5723778687_4d074a24a2_b.jpg

Wait a second.... so they are going to demolish the left half of two houses that are attached and leave the one on the right? If so, that seems really tricky!

Wait a second.... so they are going to demolish the left half of two houses that are attached and leave the one on the right? If so, that seems really tricky!

That would be tricky. But no, they're all coming down, its just that renters are still living in the house on the right. Not sure how much longer.

Last edited:
wow, they are tearing down that McMansion -- it looks relatively new and well built.
wonder how much the developer paid the owner of that.

Hope the property is not haunted.

It definitely is. I had a beer with an old Portuguese ghost last year.

A good friend of mine lives in a house a few doors down from the church conversion. He told me that the area residents really hated this development at first but that after they voiced their concerns, the developer listened and changed to something that was acceptable to everyone. It's nice to hear that a balance was struck (at least in his mind)

Sales centre is going in a storefront on Bloor, that used to be "Bargain Village". I took a pic, but I can't figure out how to attach a jpeg.

Walking through this neighbourhood and saw that they are blanketing the entire area with those sandwich boards announcing that the sales center is opening soon. This is literally the only modern condo development in the entire neighbourhood, which is largely houses and those three 60's rental buildings, and which has three church lofts in the immediate area. It will be interesting to see the kind of response it gets.

Back